3 Simple Tips To Relieve Back Pain While Sitting. IMPROVE YOURPOSTURE Health &Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
1. Identify the warning signs of back pain: Back pain may be the result of poor ergonomics and posture if the back pain is worse at certain times of day or week; pain that starts in the neck and moves downwards into the upper back, lower back, and extremities; pain that goes away after switching positions; a new office chair, or a new car; and/or back pain that comes and goes for months. 2. Keep the body in alignment: When standing, distribute body weight evenly to the front, back, and sides of the feet. Sit up straight and align the ears, shoulders, and hips in one vertical line. Any prolonged sitting position, even a good one, can be tiring. Shifting forward to the edge of the seat with a straight back can alternate with sitting back against the support of the office chair to ease the work of back muscles. 3. Get up and move: As muscles tire, slouching, slumping, and other poor postures become more likely; this in turn puts extra pressure on the neck and back. In order to maintain a relaxed yet supported posture, change positions frequently. One way is to take a break from sitting in an office chair every half hour for two minutes in order to stretch, stand, or walk.
Source: https://www.spine-health.com/wellness/ ergonomics/ten-tips-improving-posture-and-ergonomics
Health & Wellness The Newsletter About Your Health And Caring For Your Body
DON’T IGNORE BACK PAIN “Don’t Bring Pain Into The New Year!”
• Will Your Back Hurt As You Get Older? • Sudoku Puzzle • Relieve Back Pain In Minutes • Patient Success Spotlight
Do you feel aches and pains in your lower back? If so, you are not alone.
down the sides of the spinal column, are the major muscle groups usually involved in lower back injury. 5. Fractures: These are due to trauma, or sometimes occur without any injury in people with osteoporosis. 6. Spinal cord compression: This is unusual, but very worrisome and may be associated with weakness and loss of bowel/bladder control. Medication and Bed Rest Most lower back pain sufferers try over the counter drugs and bed rest. However, most self remedies will not provide the relief that you need. In fact, bed rest is the wrong thing to do, because it can weaken the spinal muscles further. Weakness in the spinal muscles is one of the main reasons for low back pain and puts you at risk for injuring your back with common activities such as lifting, bending or squatting. Most of us sit too much and this contributes to severe weakening of the back and torso muscles which are needed for a healthy back.
1. Lumbar or sacral radiculopathy: The result of pressure on a nerve exiting the spine. Pain, numbness and tingling can be felt down in different parts of the leg. 2. Sciatica: This comes from compression of the sciatic nerve by a muscle called the piriformis, deep in the buttock. Symptoms can radiate down the buttock and leg. 3. Spinal stenosis: This is a narrowing of the bony spinal canal which causes rubbing or pressure on nerves. Central canal stenosis is quite serious as it presses upon the spinal cord. 4. Lumbar sprain/strain: This is a common cause of low back pain due to injury of muscles and tendons. The rows of muscles that run up and
n°226073 - LevelMedium
n° 229346 - LevelMedium
Patient Success Spotlight
Have Fun: SUDOKU PUZZLE!
“In the summer of 2016, I began noticing inflammation inmy left leg. My friends informed me it was a pinchednerve. ‘You’vepinchedyour sciatica’ theysaid. Ispent4months waiting for the pain to go away. Having heard my whimpering long enough my family encouraged me to see a medical doctor. Meeting with my doctor I was offered three possible solutions: pain killers, 3 9 4 I am completely pain free and equipped with a variety of exercises! 8
2 4 6
2 4 5 7 9 2
8 6 2 9 5 7
9 6 2
5 8 7 1 8 5
5 2 8
surgery, or physical therapy. Wanting a complete return to the pain free life I had previously enjoyed, I chose physical therapy with Bridle Trails. In the beginning it seemed the pain would never end. But by following the recommendations of Cole and Paul I am completely pain free and equipped with a variety of exercises I can do to help stay this way. Thank you!” - Buddy H. 2 3 5 4 9 http://1sudoku.com n° 228597 - LevelMedium
n° 214081 - LevelMedium
Take Care of Your Aches and Pains Before It’s Too Late.
Page 1/1 - Check solutions, print more free sudoku and play online : http://1sudoku.com
Relieve Back Pain In Minutes Try this movement if you are experiencing back pain.
Stretches Lower Back
SINGLE KNEE TO CHEST STRETCH While lying on your back, hold your knee and gently pull it up towards your chest. Hold for 10 counts. Repeat 6 times on both sides.
Think PT First Why You Need To Come Back In For A Tune- Up: � Move without pain � Bend and move freely � Balance confidently and securely � Sit for long periods comfortably � Walk for long distances � Live an active and healthy lifestyle
CALL TODAY! 425-889-0776
WILL YOUR BACK HURT AS YOU GET OLDER? If you think that growing older automatically leads to back pain, here’s some great news; it doesn’t! Many people suffer from pain, yet, they still believe their aches and pains are a natural part of aging. They’re not. Back pain is primarily caused by four main factors: • Spinal muscle weakness • Poor muscle or joint movement • Poor posture • Lack of spinal or pelvic muscle coordination
Treating the Cause of Your Back Pain The goal of our SPINE program is to find the root cause of your pain and correct it, not just treat the symptoms. By treating the root cause of the pain, you can achieve faster, long-lasting results. We provide the most advanced and effective treatments to each of our patients in a caring, friendly environment. Our highly trained and skilled physical therapists use proven hands-on therapy techniques to help people of all ages become free of pain and get back to the activities they enjoy. If your back pain prevents you from standing for long periods, bending down to pick up objects, or getting up and down from the floor to play with your children or grandchildren it’s time to come to Bridle Trails Physical Therapy and restore your quality of life. Knowing the Right Expert to Help You Physical Therapists are medical musculoskeletal specialists, meaning we are the experts when it comes to the movement of the body and how the muscles, joints and skeletal structure work with one another.
Effective physical therapy experts recognize that the best treatments are not modalities that depend solely on ultrasound, cold or heat therapy, but rather a skilled hands-on approach to examination and treatment. Studies have proven that manual therapy and specific exercises produce better and faster results than traditional exercise based therapy. If you are suffering with back pain or know someone who is, call us today to discover how we can finally help you become pain free and get back to the activities you enjoy. After all, you’re as young as you feel!
Attention Back Pain Sufferers!
Do You Have Difficulty Bending Or Reaching?
• Decrease your pain • Increase your strength • Increase your activity level We can help:
• Increase your flexibility • Improve your health • Get back to living
Mention or Bring in This Coupon Today For a FREE Back Pain Screening
Call Today: 425-889-0776
Offer valid for thefirst25people to schedule. Expires 02-13-18
FREE LOW BACK PAIN & SCIATICA WORKSHOP FEBRUARY 10, 2018
This workshop is FREE but there are a limited number of spots available. All 20 attendees for the Sciatica and Lower Back Pain Workshop will receive a Special Report: “The Top 10 Burning Questions for Sciatica”. CALL TODAY! 425-889-0776 Visit our website to register for this FREE Low Back Pain & Sciatica workshop or As a Special Bonus, the first 8 people to call and register for the event will receive a laser engraved 20 ounce insulated Tumbler with a WA sports team. • A Sure-Fire Way to Pick the Right Treatment for the Cause of Your Pain (and save you a ton of time and money) THINGS YOU WILL LEARN AT THIS WORKSHOP • The Single Biggest #1 Mistake back pain and sciatica sufferers make which actually stops them from healing… • The 3 Most Common Causes of Lower Back Pain and Sciatica…
• Do you suffer with back pain or leg pain when you stand or walk? • Do you have pain when you sit for long periods or drive? • Do you experience pain, numbness or tingling into your butt, groin or down your leg? • Does your back ever “go out” if you move the wrong way? • Are you afraid your pain will get worse if you don’t do anything about it?
These workshops are ideal for people suffering with pain from:
• Low Back Pain • Spinal Stenosis • Arthritis
• Sciatica • Lumbar Radiculopathy • Sports Injury
If you are having pain or problems with day to day activities such as walking, standing, sitting for long periods, going up or down stairs, getting in or out of the car, sleeping or driving then you should attend this FREE Low Back Pain & Sciatica workshop! Parking is located in the back of the building, above the Subway and Thirsty Hop.
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUPWITH PISTACHIO Ingredients • 4 pounds sweet potato • 6 tablespoons vegetable oil • Kosher salt • 4 medium carrots, diced • 1 medium onion • 2 quarts low-sodium chicken stock • 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 tablespoon grated zest • 3/4 cup pistachios • 2 scallions • 2 tablespoons mint leaves • Pinch cayenne pepper • 1/2 cup olive oil
• 5 cloves garlic • 2 sprigs sage
Directions Preheat oven to 300°F. Toss sweet potato with 4 tablespoons vegetable oil and salt. Spread sweet potato on 2 rimmed baking sheets and bake for 1 hour. Increase oven temperature to 375°F and cook until sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned around the edges, about 25 minutes. In a large pot, heat remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat until simmering. Add carrot, onion, garlic, sage, and a generous pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until vegetables are just tender. Add sweet potatoes and stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until vegetables are very tender. Discard sage, if using. Add orange juice. Blend soup until smooth. Season with salt. In a mixing bowl, stir together pistachios, orange zest, scallions, mint, and cayenne pepper. Fold in olive oil and season with salt. Serve soup, spooning pistachio salsa on top.
NOW IS THE TIME FOR RESOLUTIONS What Will Be Your Resolutions In 2018?
IN 2018 I WILL...
1. Be purposeful in everything you do. Strive for purpose in your daily activities. Doyou justeat lunchordoyouenrich relationships whileyoueat? Whatpurposedo those twositcoms serve you every night? What is the purpose of eating that bag of chips? More importantly, what types of consequences await you now that you’ve indulged? Be purposeful in everything you do. Walk with purpose and people are more likely to respect your time. 2. Resolve not to be mediocre, even in how you eat. Use the freshnessof thenewyearasanexcuse for avoidingmediocrity.Thiscanbeachallenging task because industry markets products and services to the lowest common denominator. Junk food is marketed to the lowest common denominator. Fast food, for example, is produced cheaply and sold cheaply. Sitcom television is geared toward the masses. The people who produce sitcoms even provide a laugh track so that you’ll know when most people laugh. Give yourself an upgrade. Resolve to distance yourself from average.
3. Schedule exercise and stretching. Exercise is more effective when it is regular and systematic. It can be difficult to schedule exercise unless time ispre-committed. Ifyouneedhelpwith exercise or if you have pain that is holding you back, contact us at Bridle Trails Physical Therapy and we can help you meet this resolution. 4. Mend fences and help others resolve issues. Call, or better yet, visit the person with whom you want to make peace. Use this exact wording: “I feel bad about what’s happened between us and want to take responsibility for everything. I’m sorry about the past and I’m going to be a better person for you in the future.” Whether the other party accepts your apology, rebuffs you or otherwise tries to continue the conversation, do not pursue the topic. Allow them to respond, then gracefully end the meeting or phone call. Give the person time to think about what you said.
www.bridletrailspt.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6
Made with FlippingBook HTML5