THE TOP TEN WEDDING TO-DO’S
- Avoid giving important jobs to the parents of the bride and groom—unless they really want to be involved that way. Instead, let them enjoy being with the guests. - If you intend to create a gift list, be sure to put it on the Internet so that it will be easily accessible to everyone. - If small childrenwill be at the reception, plan to have a space available where they can play and a quiet roomwhere they can sleep. - Take photographs of your hair and makeup test runs so you can choose the perfect com- bination when you’re well rested. Prepare a make-up kit for any touch-up jobs on your big day. - Leave a guest book at the entrance of the reception hall. It’s a great souvenir to keep, along with your photo album. - Leave a disposable camera on every table so that guests can record magical moments during the reception.
It is also possible to rent a dress for the occa- sion, much as your beloved can buy or rent his tuxedo. 7. Book your hair, make-up, esthetician, and manicure appointments several weeks before the wedding. If possible, plan a test run. 8. Put all your heart into writing down the vows that you would like to make during the marriage ceremony. If you plan to make a speech at the reception, be sure to get that down in writing as well. 9. Plan the reception down to the last detail: create the atmosphere you like with suit- able music, entertainment, and a décor that matches your personality. (Don’t forget to decorate the bathrooms, a place everyone will see at some point!) 10. Organize your honeymoon so that you can celebrate your new life together.
3. The reception hall is often one of the big- gest expenses, so be sure to reserve one as quickly as possible. If you want to keep expenses down, think about holding the reception at a family home or in a garden. 4. Creating a good atmosphere is just as important as choosing a caterer, although you don’t want to skimp on food either. To cut costs, consider serving fewer courses, with a focus on excellent quality instead of quantity. 5. Make up or order wedding favours for your guests. These are put with their place setting or offered at the end of the reception. Let your imagination run wild: you could offer small homemade soaps, candles, local produce in mini format, bath pearls, or small boxes of candies. It can also be fun to have a “retro” favour, such as a pack of matches with the bride and groom’s names embossed on the matchbook cover. 6. Give yourself enough time to find a wed- ding gown that really suits your personality.
He has finally proposed? Then your top prior- ity is to do a bit of bragging and tell everyone the good news! Once your initial excitement has calmed down a touch, though, you’ll have to take time to do some serious thinking. There are so many details to plan, a budget to draw up, and deadlines to be met: it seems so overwhelming. If you are finding it hard to get some traction and launch your wedding planning, here are ten tips to give you some direction and help you get moving. 1. Establish your budget per guest. In fact, this is the perfect time to draw up your guest list. 2. Order your invitations, being careful to include your names, the date, time, and place of the wedding and reception, as well as the date by which you need to receive replies. Being clear about this will help you save a lot of precious time and money. Be sure to include stamped, addressed envelopes if you can.
And while we’re talking weddings, here are a few other tips to keep in mind:
BRONZAGE SANS SOLEIL
Ma uve 613 446-1632
MAQUILLAGE / MAKEUP MINÉRAL / MINERAL
WEDDING OR EVENT MARIAGE OU ÉVÉNEMENT
• Makeup Application • Application de maquillage • Makeup Application (eyes only) • Application de maquillage (yeux seulement) • Eyelash extension • Cils
• 1 to 3 makeup applications • 4 to 6 makeup applications • 6 + makeup applications • Makeup trials
1477, rue Laurier St., Rockland, ON
Salle de réception d’une capacité de 100 à 150 personnes pour mariage et anniversaire, menus de groupe, décor champêtre, cocktail plein air, chapiteau extérieur et service de bar. STATION 4 SAISONS du Domaine Chez Philias SALLE DE RÉCEPTION DISPONIBLE! INTÉRIEURE OU EXTÉRIEURE AVEC CHAPITEAU
WE OFFER: • Wedding gowns • Mothers’ gowns
Mario Perrier • Johanne Lefebvre 1422, Lavigne, Hammond ON K0A 2A0 | 613 487-3412 | www.station4saisons.ca | email@example.com
• Bridesmaid dresses • Flower girl dresses • Prom dresses • Evening gowns • Wedding accessories
AFFORDABLE PRICES! UNIQUE DRESSES! FREE PARKING!
2950, RUE LAURIER, ROCKLAND, ONTARIO K4K 1T3 613 446-7122, poste 160 Téléc. : 613 446-7343 www.jardinsbellerive.com
Anatoli Brouchkov, propr. Youri Brouchkov, propr. Rachel Langlois, relations publiques
Salle de réception pour votre mariage avec
repas à votre choix par un chef qualifié.
2527 Bank Street • 613 404-6639
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog