Patient Success Spotlight
We love success stories Here’s A Special One From Katie Brimhall
“It has been a roller coaster of a journey these last 2 ½ years, but I am so grateful to those who believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. I’m so grateful for the amazing opportunities I’ve had and for the incredible friends I’ve made along the way. Here are some tips I’ve learned along the way, and I hope they can help others on their transformation journeys”: 1. Find your tribe. Finding a tribe of supporters who love me no matter what has been my saving grace.
2. Find an amazing “Super Friend” who will get real with you when all you want to do is eat cheeseburgers, pizza, and take out and lie on the couch watching Netflix all day.
3. Be patient with yourself and the process! You didn’t put all of the weight on overnight, so it’s going to take time to work it off.
4. Nutrition is key! I’ve injuredmyselfmore times than I’d like to admit, been sick, and have even been diagnosedwith a rare disease that keptme fromworking out for a while, but I stuck with my nutrition and was still able to reach my goals.
5. Get back up when you fall. You’re going to fall down sometimes, and it’s easy to beat yourself up and just want to give up. But each time I fell, I picked myself up and got back at it again. The only time you actually fail is when you stop trying, and if I can do it, so can you!
6. Keep your promises to yourself. Being cast for a weight loss show that ended up being cancelled would have been the perfect excuse to give up and go back to my old habits, but I had made a promise to myself, and I finally started seeing that I was worth keeping my promises to myself. YOU ARE WORTH IT! Become a promise keeper and don’t give up when things get hard!
7. Choose your hard. Meal prepping is hard. Exercising every day is hard. Losing weight is hard! But so is being fat and uncomfortable and barely able to breathe when walking up the stairs. I am going to keep my new healthy lifestyle. THIS is the hard I CHOOSE!” - Katie Brimhall Staff Spotlight: Felisha Dix
Felisha Dix is the Wellness Director for all five locations at Marketplace Physical Therapy. She works closely with Powell Metabolics to implement our new Metabolic Wellness Program for our Physical Therapy patients. Her focus is to help each patient reach their fullest potential through Physical Therapy and Wellness. She has a passion to better the lives of those around her by educating them on nutrition, exercise, and transformational techniques. Felisha has a Bachelor’s Degree in Entrepreneurial Management from California State University of San Bernardino.
Made with FlippingBook - Online magazine maker