Check out the BracePlace!
WHEN YOUR ARCHES FALL What This Means For Your Feet Your feet balance and stabilize your entire life. However, eight out of 10 adults are likely to have a foot problem*, and the majority of these problems go untreated. Furthermore, poor foot support increases problems with the knee, hip and even spine. Many types of athletic and professional footwear are created for a certain aesthetic, and cheaper shoes do not always take into consideration the bottom shape of the foot. On top of this, 90% of women wear shoes that are too slim or small. When the average adult walks the equivalent of five trips around the world in their lifetime, poor foot support takes its toll on the whole body. Another very important aspect of foot health is that your feet tend to spread and arches collapse as you get older. Most people continue to wear the same type of shoe, causing additional problems the longer the situation goes unchecked. This is why many foot problems tend to appear in the 40’s and 50’s, especially for women. The way that your foot hits the ground makes a huge difference in the way that your entire body responds throughout the day. With poor foot support you can have a lower overall energy level, because the body will be constantly trying to compensate for the imbalance in the feet. Orthotics properly shape your foot every time it hits the floor. Simply having the right shape of your feet may help to reduce back and leg pain when walking, giving you more energy. If you find your feet hurting, knees aching or suffer from chronic back problems, you should have your feet arches checked. Our orthotic specialists can give you special advice on what footwear can give you the best support, and discuss if professional orthotic inserts are needed to correct your feet. After all, putting a spring in your step can be as simple as changing the ground you walk on.
Prosthetic Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
• It is known in history that making prostheses goes back to at least 300 B.C. with crude wooden devices designed to be strapped to the stump of the remaining leg.
• The earliest written references to prosthetics was in 1579 by French surgeon, Ambriose Pare, who fitted soldiers’ amputated limbs with artificial limbs.
• In the American Civil War over 30,000 amputations were performed on the Union side alone and Wooden socket limbs were priced from $75-$150.
• World War II saw the invention of lighter materials such as plastics and aluminum to help prosthetic wearers.
• Following the Vietnam War a new wave of amputees spurred refinements in prosthetics and electronic controls in prosthetics.
• Almost 1 million people in the U.S. are amputees.
• Nine out of 10 amputees in the U.S. involve the leg from the foot to the knee.
• Three-fourths of amputations are necessitated by disease such as cancer, circulation disease or diabetes.
• A paralyzed man was recently implanted with a series of computer chips in his brain, which now allows him to control a robotic arm and actually feel the sensations from the hand.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/medicine/divisions-diagnostics-and-procedures/medicine/prostheses-and-implants http:// chicagotonight.wttw.com/2016/10/18/paralyzed-man-regains-sense-touch-robotic-arm
“My back hasn’t felt this good in weeks! So glad I called and got my brace. Very happy with it.” Robin P.
We Now Accept United Healthcare Insurance
Come in for a FREE Check-up
Does Your Orthotics Need a Tune Up?
FREE 15 Minute Check-Up • Consult with our experts • Review your problem • Receive recommendations on relieving your pain and improving motion
Roger Howard, CPO, Director
CALL TODAY (315) 786-8973
Offer good for the First 20 people who schedule. Expires 12-30-16.
We Are Now Accepting Patients At Our New Location
(In the recently remodeled Suburban Propane Building)
EJ Noble Physician Offices
6128 Route 11 • Canton, NY 13617 • (315)786-8973 Hours: Open Monday-Friday by Appointment
Get Back To Living. Looking for the best braces, supports, orthotics and sports injury equipment? • Pre and Post-Op Tscope Braces • Donjoy Playmakers • Ankle Braces • Form Fit Back Braces • Arm Slings • Custom ACL Braces • Custom Orthotics • Performance Prosthetics
CALL TODAY (315) 786-8973
Try this simple exercise to help you feel better... Always consult your physical therapist or physician before starting exercises you are unsure of doing.
Foot Arch Intrinsics 1. Place foot flat on ground. 2. Concentrate on flattening your arch. 3. Now raise your arch.
Repeat 8 times on both feet.
Exercises copyright of
SHARE Please share these exercises with friends and family members to help them stay healthy and free from pain. S AV E Save these in a place where you can easily use them as needed. Watch for more exercises in our next issue.
We Listen, We Care, We Get Results CALL TODAY (315) 786-8973Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker