PUZZLE NO. 615
49. Maui tuber 51. Marked cube 52. Wayside hotel 54. Southern stew 56. Dander 57. Spanish article 59. Warbled 60. Fringe 61. Prattle 63. ____ Beta Kappa 64. Respiration 65. Woodland deity 67. Pond organism 68. Loses intensity 69. Toward shelter, nautically 70. Snitched 72. Untidy individual 73. "Sixteen ____" 74. Rajah's mate 75. Generations 76. Student's bane 78. Intoxicating drink 80. Kimono closer 82. Salmon beginnings
10. Twinges 11. Pay suit to 12. Adolescent problem
WEEK OF JUNE 10 TO 16, 2012
13. Chess castle 14. TV's "Double ____" 16. Prom attendee 24. Step part 26. Maroon, e.g. 28. It can be a relief 29. "____ to Billy Joe" 30. "I ____" 31. Coloration 32. Gone by 34. Wad of tobacco 35. Egg white 36. Church nook 37. Alarms 38. Road hazard 39. Driving need 41. Deception 42. Stiff hair 44. Arrange in order 45. Bough 47. Discusses
Asparagus and tomato omelette
THE LUCKIEST SIGNS THIS WEEK: CANCER, LEO AND VIRGO.
ARIES This week you wake up ready to con- quer the world, metaphorically speak- ing of course! You’ll be animated by lots of energy and the desire to accomplish great things. TAURUS You want to undertake big changes in your diet and the way you live. You’ll succeed in working small miracles on your body. GEMINI Your circle of friends will expand, just like your professional network of contacts. These people will be of benefit to you, materially as well as psychologically. CANCER You are the type of person who can bridge the gap between reason and emotions. It is this potential that will help you to accomplish a task or even help someone. LEO You will soon be on vacation, although it’s likely you’ll only organize something with your friends at the last moment. There will also be a great opportunity to party. VIRGO If you’re in the process of moving, you will realize that huge changes are coming and that a new, more stimulating life is waiting for you around the corner. LIBRA You might feel pressured to make a deci- sion. Take all the time you need to weigh the pros and cons, and don’t hesitate to ask for advice. SCORPIO Your work seems to take up most of your week. A few changes at the office will require you to make adjustments, but you will be fully functional again immediately. SAGITTARIUS You could definitely be approaching your hour of glory. People will rush to congratulate you and make you the cen- tre of attention, both at work and in your social life. CAPRICORN You could spend part of the week at home for one reason or another. You will pre- pare the house for visitors or even to wel- come someone for a set period of time. AQUARIUS You’re certainly never at a loss for words, and your opinion will be scrupulously respected. You will feel very proud to have been able to explain your position in a very precise situation. PISCES You could find out that there will soon be a birth in the family. You’ll also be tempt- ed to find a new home large enough to accommodate everyone.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 2
Copyright © 2012 by Penny Press
ACROSS 1. Cotton fabric
77. Swell 79. Sport for Prince Charles 81. Mechanic's milieu 83. Jonah's "room" in the whale 84. Black 85. Expiates 86. Ceremonial dinner 87. Rights 88. Yegg's caper
42. Season 43. Verily 44. Landscaper's greenery 45. Renter 46. Malay vessel 48. Kind of feeling 50. Entity 51. Charm 53. Molten matter 55. Feel pain 58. Bungling 59. Angelic child 61. Greek sandwich 62. Termini 63. Superstar 64. Diamond corners 65. Wedge 66. Stinging remark 68. Partake of nourishment 71. "____ America" (Gibson film) 72. Purloined 74. Willard's pet
6. "Star ____" 10. Oscar, e.g. 15. Whole 17. Pickle-making ingredient 18. Wintertime warmer 19. "Come to the ____" 20. ____ May Whitty 21. Deep respect 22. Trifle 23. Cliff home 25. Land measure 27. Increase 28. Van or skirt 29. Crude metals 30. Shave a merino 33. Shoveled
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 615
DOWN 1. Tilt 2. "Journey ____ Fear" 3. Collar insert 4. Chemist's workplace 5. Filled pastry 6. Watercourse
36. Mine access 40. Orange-juice particles 41. Shopkeeper
7. Side petals 8. Sugarcane product 9. Blotter
Yes it’s possible to cook a delicious omelette in the microwave!
INGREDIENTS: • 4 eggs, separated
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped asparagus, fresh or frozen • 30 ml (2 tbsp) water • 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped • 80 ml (1/3 cup) Gruyère cheese, grated • 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk • 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter or margarine
PUZZLE NO. 351
• 5 ml (1tsp) flour • Salt and pepper
DIRECTIONS: Put the asparagus and water into a casserole. Cover and cook in the microwave for 5-6 minutes on high. Beat the egg yolks, milk, flour, and salt and pep- per together. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the yolks. Melt the butter in a 23 cm (9 inch) pie plate for 30 seconds on high. Pour the omelette mixture onto the plate and cook on medium for 7 minutes or until set. Lift the edges of the omelette to allow the uncooked mixture to spread evenly. Sprinkle with the cheese, and spread on the asparagus and chopped tomato. Fold over and cook for 1 minute on low to melt the cheese. Serve imme- diately. Recipe and photo : The Complete Microwave Cookbook, Judith Ferguson, Collins Royal.
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 351
HOW TO PLAY: Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 through 9 only once. Each 3x3 box is outlined with a darker line. You already have a few numbers to get you started. Remember: You must not repeat the numbers 1 through 9 in the same line, column, or 3x3 box .
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online