Candidate Information Pack
Senior Operations Manager
Welcome to Abodus Student Living
2 Our portfolio and future plans for Abodus Student Living
3 Job description and person specification; have you got what it takes?
4 The application process and how to apply for this role
ABODUS is a vertically integrated investment, development, asset and facilities management company of purpose-built student housing (“PBSH”) facilities in the UK. Formed four years ago, Abodus is led by a highly experienced executive team with a combined expertise of 85 years. Working in the sector since the late 1990’s, the 360° management team has decades of experience from investment and portfolio management to asset development and on to adding value through operations and asset management. environment that helps students to achieve more. We understand that for students to excel they need to feel comfortable and secure in their surroundings; accredited by ANUK, Abodus strives to exceed the benchmark industry standards and offer our residents a hassle-free, cost-effective living experience. Abodus Student Living does not just provide value-for-money accommodation for students, our central aim is to create an
With 3200+ beds across 6 UK cities
Abodus offer a range of room types and rates to ensure living with us is an inclusive and viable option for most students.
The standard, cleanliness and appearance of our accommodation remains consistent regardless of room type, so a student knows that a booking with us is a guarantee of quality and professionalism. We work hard to balance the commercial requirements of running student accommodation to the highest standards with the provision of value driven rental rates. Our buildings are designed to the highest industry standards with two new buildings launched in September 2018, 900+ beds in Sheffield and Leeds opened in Autumn 2019 and with more to come as part of our growing portfolio of prime student accommodation assets.
Portland Green is Newcastle’s buzzing student village.
The largest student community in Newcastle, our campus comprises 5 modern buildings providing everything you need to enhance the university experience.
PGSV has a range of facilities to ensure our residents’ needs are fully catered for from fitness suite to study spaces and a great social events calendar when you need to take a break.
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager Reporting To: Head of Operations Responsible For: All Site Staff
We are looking for a Senior Operations Manager to oversee the day to day operational management of the property and assist the Head of Operations. Ensuring a safe environment, managing sales, rent collection, and delivering excellent customer service to all tenants and visitors.
• Manage the on-site reception team ensuring they have a clear understanding of individual job requirements and company objectives. Carry out relevant 1-2-1 processes. • Manage and seek continuous improvement of the customer service functions delivering a supportive and engaging service that provides clear, accurate and timely responses with tenants in relation to all queries. • Run accurate system performance reports. • Ensure all data and information is recorded and accurately maintained within the management and booking systems. • Manage the Facilities Manager to ensure a safe and secure environment is maintained, and all maintenance requests offer timely responses in line with Service Level agreements and ANUK. • Assist with the development and review for continuous improvement of good practice and standard operating procedures. • Oversee the management of the check-in and check- out process, ensuring all inspections are carried out accordingly and all charges/deposits are dealt with in the correct manner.
• Assist the Head of Operations with the creation and review of policies and procedures. • To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job, whether that be on-the-job training, in-house training or external training courses. • To act as an ambassador of the Company and promote the company brand; displaying a positive image to customers and members of the public at all times.
• Assist the Head of Operations with the learning development of new Operations Managers that join Abodus through development and acquisition. • To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities.
People & Welfare
• Engage and support both the students and team in Student Welfare matters signposting to relevant agencies and universities where appropriate. • Ensure high customer service is offered to all tenants and visitors of the site. • Participate in Open Days, Check-In Days, University events and other external events where required. • Attend any training courses where necessary for professional development.
• Enforce Tenancy Agreements adhering to ANUK National Codes of Standards and company policies • Adhere to Fire, Health and Safety plans and undertake relevant tests and drills • Deal with complaints in a professional manner ensuring reference to relevant policies within set timescales • To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post and as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy
• Maximize occupancy by managing various sales processes and the booking journey, creating a sales and marketing strategy alongside the Central Sales and Marketing team • Maximising commercial revenue opportunities through summer lettings and group / corporate business • Manage the rent collection procedures and debt management in line with Key Performance Indicators alongside the relevant policies • Reporting on a weekly basis and liaising with solicitors and attending court where required for legal action for debt recovery • Manage the Operations budget, and all on-site cash ensuring banking is carried out on a regular basis
Notes: The Company reserves the right to alter the content of this job description to reflect changes to the job, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.
You will have:
• Strong understanding of what constitutes excellent customer service • Experience in the Sales and/or Marketing sector
• Analytical and problem-solving skills • Proven senior leadership experience
Ideally you will have:
• A good understanding of Facilities Management, compliance and legislative requirements • A sound understanding of ANUK guidelines • Experience in debt management • At least 3 years in a Management position, preferably spent in Student Accommodation or Hospitality
• Resourcefulness • Ability to prioritise tasks with conflicting deadlines • Ability to multi task • Ability to positively communicate in difficult or contentious situations • Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers • Ability to interpret and analyse reports • Ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly • Excellent communication skills • Excellent IT skills • Excellent attention to detail
Your Skills & Abilities
• Excellent organisational skills • Strong team working skills
• Flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude • Patient approach to dealing with customers
Abodus Student Living are being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group (MRG). To arrange a confidential briefing conversation please contact our retained advisor:
Charlotte Turedi email@example.com 020 3962 9900
Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV (of no more than 4 pages) and a covering letter (of no more than 2 pages).Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18
Made with FlippingBook HTML5