N E W S L E T T E R
GET A LEG UP ON HIP, LEG AND KNEE PAIN ALSO INSIDE NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS • WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING EXERCISE ESSENTIALS • SPECIAL OFFERS • AND MORE!
N E W S L E T T E R
GET A LEG UP ON HIP, LEG, & KNEE PAIN
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS? While leg pain is noticeable by a slew of symptoms, several stick out. Aching or stiffness around the hip, groin, back or thigh may be a sign of deeper problems. A decreased range of motion, too, is a sign of deeper problems which may later result in hip, knee or leg pain. Sometimes, inactivity can contribute to immobility—and later pain. If you’re limping, lurching or are experiencing bad balance, contact a physician. While some hip, knee and leg pains go away, those lasting longer than several months may be hinting at a deeper issue. HOW PHYSICAL THERAPY CAN HELP In many cases, physical therapy can help patients increase leg mobility. In doing so, they can stretch, flex and strengthen the muscles responsible for support. If a joint appears deformed, or if sudden swelling occurs, contact a physician immediately. A good physical therapy program can assist with post-operation treatment, too. If you’ve undergone treatment for osteoporosis, dislocation or a fracture, your therapist can help you reclaim full mobility—and a healthy lifestyle. From start to finish, we’re dedicated to your ongoing wellness. On every level, physical therapy serves to enhance the patient’s quality of life. We’re here to help, and we have years of experience backing every therapy option. Contact one of our providers today, and tell us about your symptoms.
Your hip, knee and lower leg are tough—but injuries happen. Your hips and knees are your largest joints, supporting your body’s weight. They work in close coordination, giving us the mobility we need. Betweenarthritis, injuriesandage,however,paincan flareup. Ifyou’re experiencing hip, knee or leg pain, call us to schedule a closer look. Before you do, however, let’s examine the pain itself. WHAT CAUSES HIP, KNEE, & LEG PAIN? Hip, knee and leg pain are surprisingly common. Thus, their source can come from a variety of things. If you’re experiencing pain in any part of your leg, pinpointing the exact spot can help you determine the cause. Vert Fitness has pinpointed several leading causes of hip, knee and leg pain. While many causes exist, the most likely are:
• Tendonitis • Pinched nerves • Osteoporosis • Cancer
• Arthritis • Dislocation • Hip fracture • Sprains and strains
While some causes are more severe than others, a physician can identify each. As the body ages, joints become inflamed. Cartilage may wear down, reducing the “buffer” between bones. In some cases, limited blood flow may cause bone tissue death, or necrosis. Ifyou’reexperiencingredness, inflammationand immobilized joints, the condition may be severe.
A R E Y O U L E T T I N G B A C K PA I N H O L D Y O U B A C K ? C A L L T O S C H E D U L E Y O U R A P P O I N T M E N T T O D AY !
N E W Y E A R R E S O L U T I O N S WHAT WI L L B E YOUR R E SO LU T I ONS F OR 2019?
1. BE PURPOSEFUL IN EVERYTHING YOU DO. STRIVE FOR PURPOSE IN YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES. Do you just eat lunch or do you enrich relationships while you eat? What purpose do those two sitcoms serve you every night? What is the purpose of eating that bag of chips? More importantly, what types of consequences await you now that you’ve indulged? Be purposeful in everything you do. Walk with purpose and people are more likely to respect your time. 2. RESOLVE NOT TO BE MEDIOCRE, EVEN IN HOW YOU EAT. Usethe freshnessofthenewyearasanexcuse foravoidingmediocrity. Thiscanbeachallenging taskbecause industrymarketsproductsand services to the lowest common denominator. Junk food is marketed to the lowest common denominator. Fast food, for example, is produced cheaply and sold cheaply. Sitcom television is geared toward the masses. The people who produce sitcoms even provide a laugh track so that you’ll know when most people laugh. Give yourself an upgrade. Resolve to distance yourself from average.
3. SCHEDULE EXERCISE AND STRETCHING. Exercise is more effective when it is regular and systematic. It can be difficult to schedule exercise unless time is pre-committed. If you need help with exercise or if you have pain that is holding you back, contact us at Vert Fitness and we can help you meet this resolution. 4. MEND FENCES AND HELP OTHERS RESOLVE ISSUES. Call,orbetteryet,visit thepersonwithwhomyouwant tomakepeace. Use this exact wording: “I feel bad about what’s happened between us and want to take responsibility for everything. I’m sorry about the past and I’m going to be a better person for you in the future.” Whethertheotherpartyacceptsyourapology,rebuffsyouorotherwise tries tocontinue theconversation,donotpursue the topic. Allow them to respond, then gracefully end the meeting or phone call. Give the person time to think about what you said.
SPEC I AL OF F ER
SPEC I AL OF F ER
OFF YOUR FIRST TRAINING SESSION FOR NEW PATIENTS * *Restrictions Apply.
UNL I M I T ED SMAL L GROUP TRA I N I NG
COUPON CODE 199GRP Redeem this coupon with any Vert Fitness Center
COUPON CODE 50FRST Redeem this coupon with any Vert Fitness Center
This coupon expires January 2, 2019.
This coupon expires January 2, 2019.
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN THERAPY OR PERSONAL TRAINING, VISIT VERTCENTERS.COM OR CA L L U S TO S CHE DU L E YOUR A P P O I NTMENT W I T H V E RT F I TNE S S TODAY !
OUR SERV I CES
• Blood Flow Restriction • Vasopneumatic Compression • Post-Operative Care • Cupping • Deep Muscle Stimulation • Graston Technique For more information about our services and specialties, feel free to call and talk with your personal and physical therapist or trainer today!
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING:
“This certainly will be one of the best places in all LA metropolitan for your injury’s treatment. I have received superior care here, starting with the first phone call I made, all the way to spending hours with the PT doctor. The front desk is helping a lot for schedules and its texting systems to schedule all my necessary appointments and the PT Assistant are just prodigious. I have been around many physical therapists, but Choi is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced physical therapists that I have ever come across. Without these phenomenal people I probably would have had to put my life in summer hibernation and sleep next to my two crutches, but thankfully I have found this place even though I’m not from around here. I am on my way to a full and speedy recovery. Highly recommended!” - Karwan N.
HAS YOUR PA I N COME BACK?
1 2 3
Feel free to call us and ask to speak to your therapist.
Your therapist can discuss with you why your pain is bothering you again and what you might do about it at home. If further assessment is warranted, your therapist might recommend you come in for an appointment. WE ’ RE HERE TO HE LP YOU ! Though many patients are prescribed or referred physical therapy by a physician, a licensed physical therapist can give evaluations without either! We accept most insurances and will verify benefits for you so that you can get started right away! Call us to schedule your evaluation today!
E X E R C I S E E S S E N T I A L S A SAFE EXERCISE TO RELIEVE HIP PAIN
Prone Hip Extension While lying face down with your knee straight, slowly raise up your left leg off the ground. Hold your leg in the raised position for 2 seconds before resting. Alternate with your right leg, then repeat 6-10 times.
310.264.8385 (Santa Monica)
818.344.8378 (Valley Location)
Always consult your physical therapist or physician before starting exercises you are unsure of doing.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online