Evan Money March/April 2019

IN GODWE TRUST Life to the Full for Entrepreneurs EVANMONEY

relative. Just ask any 12-year-old on a roller coaster. They are in 7th heaven, yelling, screaming, and counting the minutes until they can do it again. Meanwhile, most of the adults are holding their heads and stomachs or not riding at all. Full disclosure, I do not ride roller coasters with my kids anymore, but I do stand in line with them. If you think about it, that quality time with your kids is the best part, assuming you don’t let them just stare at their phones. (My 12- and 15-year-old kids don’t have phones, in case you were wondering.) Let’s get back to fear, difficulty, and danger being relative. We are just coming off the Super Bowl, and the MVP wide receiver Julian Edelman told a story before the game about his first talk with head coach Bill Belichick. They were both leaving the facility at 11 p.m., and Julian said to the coach, “Wow, you must really like football.” To this the coach replied, “It beats being a plumber.” Some people think working seven days a week and 18 hours a day is “difficult,” while others like Bill Belichick think there are worse professions out there. As entrepreneurs, we are 6 percent of the workforce in America, according to a 2016 study by the Kauffman Foundation. The rest of the 94 percent think starting a business is too difficult, and they are afraid to do it. What do we know that they don’t know? We just have a different mindset and a different perspective. I remember interviewing Darren Hardy for my groundbreaking documentary, “Words of Art.” (You can watch it for free on Amazon Prime.) During the off-camera time, Darren shared a great insight Where Is the Line Between BOLD and Stupid? MARCH/APRIL 2019

“There is a fine line between being bold and being stupid; every time you take a new adventure, the line moves.” –Matt Crossman We have all heard that fortune favors the brave, so what does brave mean, anyway? Here’s the definition I found: having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty. What’s interesting is that danger, fear, and difficulty are all

Continued on page 3 ...

1

EvanMoney.com

www.evanmoney.com

Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online