RELIEVE YOUR PAINWITH CUPPING & LASER THERAPY SERVICES
INSIDE: • Everything You Need to Know About Cupping & Laser Therapy • Healthy Recipe: Pan-Seared Lemon Chicken • Nutrition Tips for a Healthy Summer • Patient Success Story
• RelieveYourPain withCupping& LaserTherapy Services • HealthyRecipe: Pan-SearedLemon Chicken • NutritionTipsfora HealthySummer • DeepTissueLaser Therapy • PatientSuccess Spotlight INSIDE:
RELIEVE YOUR PAINWITH CUPPING & LASER THERAPY SERVICES
If you are looking for a non-invasive, safe, and effective way to relieve your pain and recover from a condition, you may be an ideal candidate for cupping or laser therapy. These two methods receive a lot of confusion and hesitation, but we are here to explain the many benefits of both of them.
Everything You Need to Know About CUPPING
Cupping is used for many reasons, including relieving pain, promoting relaxation, enhancing blood flow, and easing inflammation. Cupping can sometimes be described as a “tissue distraction release” technique. During the cupping process, the cups are glided across different areas of the body in order to lift and separate tissue.This works to enhance the release of the interfaces between the neural tissues, fascia, skin, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. It relaxes muscles, releases trigger points, improves lymphatic flow, increases local circulation, and releases scar tissue adhesion. Evidence supports cupping as an effective treatment method for several conditions, such as chronic neck pain, low back pain, and fibromyalgia.
There are three forms of cupping techniques: longitudinal, cross fiber, and circular. The most common form is longitudinal, where the cup is glided longitudinally across the muscle fibers. Cross fiber is used when it is believed that the tissue is scarred. Circular is typically used at the end of the session, in order to ensure that all areas were covered. While there are some apprehensions toward cupping, there is a real science behind it.The suction within the cups is created with negative pressure, which helps to increase hydration and blood flow to body tissues, ease up adhesions, and eliminate excess fluids. It is a versatile treatment that can be modified for the necessary treatment of your condition, whether you are in need of deep tissue massage or lymphatic drainage.
Quote of TheMonth:
“The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over.” -Aesop
Call (479) 855-9348 to Discover Cupping & Laser Therapy
Everything You Need to Know About LASER THERAPY
We receive many questions about laser therapy treatments from first-time patients: “Does laser therapy hurt?” “Is laser therapy safe?” It is normal to be a bit apprehensive about a new course of treatment, especially if it is something that you don’t know a lot about. However, at Fyzical Arkansas we are here to put your mind at ease by letting you know that laser therapy does NOT hurt and it IS completely safe! When conducting a laser treatment, photons will be released into the tissues surrounding the affected area to facilitate healing. These photons help in relieving pain, energizing cells, and increasing circulation to the injured area. Here are some helpful facts about laser therapy to ease any hesitations regarding it: • Medical lasers are approved by the FDA and they adhere to strict ISO standards.
and the majority of patients start noticing results after only a few short sessions!
• Laser treatments are administered directly to the skin, in order to avoid contact with eyes. • There are a large variety of conditions that laser therapy can treat, including neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain and sciatica, arthritis, bursitis, disc injuries, TMJ, sports injuries, plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, soft tissue damage, and MORE. • Laser therapy has even earned a reputation as being one of the safest, non-invasive treatment options on the market! Despite some misinformed skepticisms, laser treatments are entirely pain-free. In fact, many patients experience little to no sensation at all when receiving laser therapy treatments, depending on the type of laser that is being administered. Some patients report feeling a warmsensation from the laser,which iscommonly described as soothing and pleasant. Laser treatments generally last between 2-10 minutes
Schedule your consultation today by calling Fyzical Arkansas at (479) 855-9348. Do you have an injury or health condition that is limiting you from living your life the way you want? At Fyzical Arkansas, we design each treatment plan specifically toward your needs. Targeted treatments will be prescribed for treating your condition and bringing you to your optimum levels of physical function. If you have been suffering from acute or chronic pain, and you think you could benefit from either cupping or laser therapy treatments, don’thesitate to contact Fyzical Arkansas to schedule your consultation today! We are equipped with the best methods and advanced technologies for treating whatever condition may be paining you.
PAN-SEARED LEMON CHICKEN
1. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1½ teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil. 2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1½ teaspoons oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth, flour, 1 tablespoon dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. 3. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
• 2 teaspoons flour • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided • 1 tablespoon lemon juice • ½ white onion, diced
• 4 boneless chicken breasts (1-1¼ pounds) • Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste • 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, or canola oil • 3 cloves garlic, minced • 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
NUTRITION TIPS FOR A HEALTHY SUMMER Enjoy your warm weather favorites while keeping your nutrition in check with these tips: healthy fat kicks your metabolism into high gear and provides energy for the day.
dehydration. Start off your day by drinking two glasses of water and keep drinking at each meal, as well as before and after your workout, to stay hydrated. Carry a water bottle with you as a reminder. 7.Recoverwithapost-workoutshake. After exercising, blend your favorite summer fruits and a scoop of whey protein into a shake to kickstart the muscle-building process, help your body recover from training, and boost your energy levels. 8.Pre-plan your meals. You plan your weekendgetawaysandactivities for summer.Whynotyourmeals?Make it easy by preparing all of your food on Sunday so that you have enough meals for the week. The best part: You’ll save money.
1.Drink green tea instead of sweet tea. Green tea has a natural component that helps speed up your metabolism. Skip the box tea and opt for the brew-it-yourself with boilingwateranda tea-bag-type tea. 2.Serve seafood. Summer is the ideal time to get the freshest catch from your local grocer. Grill salmon, tuna, lobster, steamer clams, and calamari for a low-calorie, protein- packed lunch or dinner. 3.Don’t skip breakfast. When you wake up in the morning, your body is running on fumes. Eating a breakfast with protein, carbs, and
4.Enjoy summer fruits and veggies. It’s easy to sink into a vegetable rut, eating the same boring veggies week after week, but with summer comes fresh choices. Including a mix of in-season colorful veggies in your meals gives your body a nutrient kick. 5.Snack at work. Bring snacks to work and graze throughout the day. When you eat more often—five to six times per day—you’re far less likely to overeat and more likely to stay energized. 6.Hydrate often. The summer heat makes you more susceptible to
DEEP TISSUE LASER THERAPY SAFE • EFFECTIVE • DRUG - FREE • PAIN RELIEF
Patient Success Story
• Back Pain • Neck Pain • Shoulder Pain
• Foot Pain • Knee Pain • Post-surgery
“All the therapists at Fyzical are great & know exactly what to do.” “When I first came to Fyzical, I was not sleeping at all. I would wake up 3-4 times a night with severe pain in my arm. All the therapists at Fyzical are great and know exactly what to do. I feel so much better; My shoulder still hurts from time to time, but not like it did months ago.”
TREATMENTS FEEL GOOD Laser therapy creates little to no sensation or it can create a gentle, warm sensation. TREATMENTS ARE FAST With LightForce lasers, treatments are quick— usually 5-12 minutes depending on the size, depth, and acuteness of the condition being treated.
-C. F.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter