Head of Business Support Candidate Information Pack
3. Commercial Portfolio
4. Job Description
5. Application Process and Timescales
Dear applicant -
Thank you for taking the opportunity to consider applying for the role of Head of Business Support (UK) Limited (REM).
REM provide asset management and development services across some of London’s finest real estate.
Currently REM manages a £3.2bn investment portfolio comprising of 2 million sq ft of space in some of London’s most high-profile buildings, in addition to a number of developments with a projected end value of £400m. Specialising in premium commercial, residential, retail and leisure property in some of London’s most desirable locations, REM provides services across the full life-cycle of real estate investments, from acquisition, development and construction to leasing, marketing, and asset and property management. This integrated approach enables REM to provide a seamless service that ensures maximum overall return. REM require a Head of Business Support to assist the Senior Executive management committee in all matters relating to the smooth running, various processes and procedures of the organisation. Reporting to the Chief Operations Office the Head of Business Support will be expect to work with a variety of internal stakeholders in order to deliver a number of business as normal and change projects.
REM’s assets under management include Western Europe’s tallest building - The Shard, The News Building and residential development project Shard Place, which is due to complete in 2019. REM also project manager Park House in North Mayfair and 48 Pall Mall in St James’s.
Shard Place is the third phase in the development of Shard Quarter. It comprises retail at the lower level and approximately 165,000 sq ft of residential space over 26 storeys. Shard Place will provide 148 high-quality apartments to address both the business and growing tourism markets. The project occupies two existing sites: the old Fielden House at 28 London Bridge Street and 21-27 St Thomas Street. Designed by the Shard and the News Building’s architect Renzo Piano, the project will complete the transformation of Shard Quarter.
165,000 sq ft 148 apartments Designed by Renzo Piano Residential and retail Estimated Completion: 2019
THE COMMERCIAL PORTFOLIO
The commercial portfolio comprises of four main assets in The Shard, Park House on Oxford Street, 48 Pall Mall and The News Building.
The prime Central London portfolio including high end retail, residential, leisure and office space. The target market for the portfolio is towards the top end of the market, offering a service to customers to match.
REM aims to offer standards of the highest level, including a range of services beyond those available in other premium developments.
The appointed Senior Surveyor will be responsible wholly for Park House and 48 Pall Mall. The appointed will work with the Head of Property Management across the portfolio and deputise in their absence.
Head of Business Support
1. Role Purpose
To provide expertise, advice and guidance to the REM Senior Executive management committee.
To build on existing and maintain high quality and robust process documentation systems and procedures.
To provide legal advice to REM on contractual and leasing matters.
Lead role in ensuring policies and procedures are properly documented and evidenced working with nominated team members from Finance, Property Management and Construction teams.
To monitor and consider the impact of changes in relevant legislation.
Lead the reaccreditation of quality management and professional memberships.
To ensure REM’s insurances (including all aspects of corporate and real estate asset insurance) are procured as cost effectively as market & commercial conditions allow.
Management of REM’s Risk Management internal processes and working with Health and Safety team to ensure process discipline and use of Risk Management internal processes.
Oversee and project manage the IT desktop service provider ensuring IT roadmap is delivered and work with REM’s IT Network Management support.
To support the Human Resources team in Employee Benefits procurement.
This role is office-based and therefore the normal hours of work required are from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, each day of the week from Monday to Friday (inclusive) with one hour for lunch break.
• Compliance with legislation including items such as GDPR and Bribery Act. • Create and maintain appropriate corporate record keeping, archiving and data management process. • Develop and propose appropriate corporate governance policies and best practices for approval by the Board balancing governance requirements with organisational goals. • Monitor and evaluate implementation of governance policies and practices and recommend improvements to ensure maintenance of appropriate governance standards. • Support the development of the governance process by ensuring the effective orientation of newly appointed Directors or Senior Manager recommending an on-going programme of Board education, and de- veloping an effective network of business relationships to share best governance practice. • Work with H&S Team and assets to maintain accreditations (e.g. ISO9001 and RICS). • Management of corporate and asset portfolio insurances, including broker liaison, annual reviews, and recommendations for procurement. • Chair of REM Business Project & IT Group (PITG) including Internal project oversight. • Providing support, guidance and knowledge to Business Support team (Business Support Assistant, IT Manager and Office Manager). • Ensure REM Business Continuity plan is up to date and periodically tested.
• A suitable fully qualified Associate lawyer/accountant/surveyor, likely to be a professional with experience in property and commercial environments.
• Demonstrable career progression within organisations acknowledged for the quality of governance and a quality processes. • Demonstrable experience in managing IT Projects, dealing with external consultants and legal advisors. • Demonstrable PQE (i.e. post confirmation of Associate status) experience in a complex, highly transactionally intense business, ideally backed by international investors. • Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering programmes in complex process documentation & data management, in demanding, fast moving environments. • Demonstrable experience of driving value and superior performance from a complex array of commercial and corporate insurance requirements. • Experience of operating within a private legal entity and/or property sector desirable, but not essential. • Highly articulate and numerate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Demonstrates highly disciplined approach to company secretarial and reporting accountabilities. • A collegiate, collaborative team player. • Meticulous personal presentation and organisational skills with rigorous attention to detail. • Highly motivated and client focused with a passion for the brand. • Ability to build good rapport with clients, associates, colleagues and sub-ordinates. • High energy and drive with demonstrable capacity for perseverance and resilience under pressure. 5. Skills
• REM Board, All REM management & staff. • Auditors, Regulators and relevant professional bodies. • Representatives of central & local government, and other public or semi-public bodies. • Not for profit and other charitable organisations. • Direct reports; Business Support Assistant, IT Manager, Office Manager.
1st stage interviews will take place on Friday 26th July 2019. 2nd stage interviews will take place on Thursday 1st August 2019.
The Management Recruitment Group is managing this search in partnership with Real Estate Management (UK) Limited.
To apply or for any further information please contact Matthew Evans at The Management Recruitment Group. email@example.com | 07854 865 017
Closing date for applications is 8am Monday 22nd July 2019.
52-54 Gracechurch Street London EC3V 0EH Tel 020 3962 9900
www.mrgpeople.co.ukPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online