Performance For Life NEWSLETTER
Your BodyWasMade For Better Things ThanSufferingFromPain! THE NEXT STEP TO TREAT ARTHRITIS PAIN
There are many studies and patient success stories promoting the effectiveness of physical therapy for osteoarthritis. Our expert therapists are trained specifically in treating patients suffering from osteoarthritis and work to obtain optimal results.
Performance For Life NEWSLETTER IDecidedToDoSomething AboutMyHipPain! DoYouWant ToTakeTheNext StepToo?
INSIDE: • Relieve OA Pain • 6 Essential Steps • Patient Results • Recipe • Exercise Are you in Pain? Call Today And Start Feeling Better Fast!
Study Shows How to Relieve OA Pain Inamedicalstudy,83patientswithosteoarthritis wereassignedtoreceiveeitherhands-onphysical therapy(treatmentgroup)orapillthatactuallydid nothing to help their pain without them knowing (placebogroup).Testsweredonetomeasurehow well the people were doing 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 1year later.Theresultswerevery impressivewith the patients who had hands-on physical therapy combined with gentle, specific exercises. They showed significant improvements in their pain, mobility and function. By 8 weeks, patients were able to walk further and fasterwithmuch less,orcompletelyresolved pain. Their joint stiffness, aches and mobility had improved by 55% as compared to the group who had no treatment. At one year, patients in the treatment group still were doing great in terms of less pain and more mobility. Other benefits included less need for surgery with only 5% of patients inthetreatmentgrouphavingundergone surgery as compared to 20% with the placebo group. If you are suffering from osteoarthritis, our physical therapy treatments relieve your pain. Isn’t ittimeyoudidsomethingaboutyourpainand movement? Call us today to learn more about our ARTHRITIS PROGRAM so we can make a positive difference in your life. Annals of Internal Medicine: February 1, 2000 vol. 132 no. 3 173-181. Gail D. Deyle, MPT; Nancy E. Henderson, PhD, MPT; Robert L. Matekel, MPT; Michael G. Ryder, MPT; Matthew B. Garber, MPT; and Stephen C. Allison,PhD,MPT,ECS
For an updated list of upcoming events/workshops please visit our website!
“I have recommended Achieve to all of my friends!” “I had a revised knee surgery in April and after surgery I had therapy at “Achieve”. The staff was wonderful and respectful. My therapist Greg was the best (this was my 3rd surgery). He did Astym on me – I found it to be very relaxing. I have recommended Achieve to all of my friends, to me it has been the best. Very happy with everything! So impressed with Achieve.” - Ellen Patient Spotlight GRILLED GREEN BEANS Summer Recipe
Achieve Performance NOW OPEN!
On July 1, Achieve Therapy opened its new Achieve Performance Center in Turning Point Health & Wellness in Grand Forks. APC has 4,800 sq. /ft. dedicated to helping our patients & members Achieve their performance goals. Whether it is a young athlete just getting started, the seasoned athlete
looking to gain a competitive edge, or the weekend warrior just trying to enjoy their recreational activity, Achieve Performance has something to offer them all. Visit our webpage to take a virtual tour of the space and learn more about all the great programming we have to offer.
Ingredients: • 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil • 1/2 cup Marcona almonds • 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese For the Orange-Shallot Dressing: • 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice • 2 tablespoons minced shallot • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard • Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
One feature we are very excited to offer is the SKILLMILL ™ from Technogym. Currently the only facility in North Dakota to offer it, the SKILLMILL is a non-motorized treadmill designed for athletic performance training. Through
their work with Olympic athletes, Technogym has created a training tool that allows everyday athletes to improve speed, power, agility and stamina. Visit our website to see the SKILLMILL in action, or better yet…stop by and try it for yourself! Achieve Therapy has also established a TRX Training Zone for functional training and HIIT classes in the Performance Center. The Training Zone at APC includes the TRX Suspension Trainer, TRX Rip Trainer, TRX Medicine Balls and TRX Conditioning Ropes. All, great training tools to help strengthen the core and produce a more mobile and powerful body. The Studio within the Performance Center will host mind-body classes such as Yoga, Barre, Mobility & Breathing and Myofascial Release. People seeking to improve their posture and balance will enjoy all the offerings this space has. Achieve is very excited to add this facility to our practice. Just one more way we will continue helping our patients, clients and members Achieve…”Performance for Life”. Start your journey to improved health by calling us today at (701) 757-1322
Directions: 1. Make the Green Beans: Heat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Toss beans with oil and place in grill basket. Grill 6 to 8 minutes or until beans are lightly browned and tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. 2. Meanwhile, make Orange-Shallot Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated. 3. Serve green beans sprinkled with almonds and cheese, and drizzled with Orange-Shallot Dressing.
YouCanRelieveYOURArthritisPain 6Essential TipsToHelpYour ArthritisPain “What Can I Do To Gain Pain Relief Independently?”
2. Weight loss Maintaining your recommended weight or losing weight if you are overweight can lessen your pain by reducing stress on your affected joints. Weight loss specifically helps ease pressure on weight-bearing joints such as the hips and knees. 3. Footwear & insoles If arthritis affects your knee, special footwear and insoles can reduce pain and improve walking. 4. Knee braces Forosteoarthritiswithassociatedknee instability, a knee brace can reduce pain, improve stability and reduce the risk of falling. 5. Heat & cold Many people find the heat of a warm bath, heat pack or paraffin bath eases arthritis pain. Others find relief in cold packs. Still others prefer alternating the two. Learn more about what can work best for you by talking to our specialists.
When it comes to treating arthritis, you may have more options than you realize. There is a lot you can do to reduce your aches and pains from arthritis, while gaining more mobility and function. People often experience pain from arthritis because of stiff joints, muscles and other tissues. In addition, muscles become weak, therefore not supporting the arthritic joints. Our customized physical therapy treatments promote muscle strength, improve range of motion, increase mobility and ease pain. In addition, coupling your treatments with the following can also help you live life to the fullest and get you back to doing the things you love : 1. Education & self-management When your treatment is over, our experts will have equipped you with the knowledge and exercises you need to continue your progress on your own.
6. Exercise Exercise has been proven to help reduce arthritis pain while increasing strength and function. Knowing the right kind of exercises to do is the key. Talking with our physical therapists will point you in the right direction. There is a lot that you can do to relieve the pain from arthritis and protect your joints for the long-term. Find out more about our ARTHRITIS PROGRAM by calling us today and discover how to relieve and reduce the pain of arthritis.
DECREASE COSTS WITH DIRECT ACCESS Research shows Direct Access patients had 86% fewer visits on average than referred patients, decreasing costs tremendously. CALL TODAY
You Get Results With These Effective Programs
• TMJandHeadache • BackPain • NeckPain • SportsMedicine • OrthopedicTherapy • Vertigo
• Pilates • Neuropathy • Urinary Incontinence • Women’sHealth • Fibromyalgia • Golf Injury • Geriatric • PeripheralNeuropathy
• WorkRelated Injuries • WorkPlace JobDemandAnalysis • FunctionalCapacityExam • Performance forLifeFitness • NewGenPrescriptionOrthotics • DryNeedling • CranioSacralTherapy • LSVTBIG
• Osteoporosis • LymphedemaPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker