Tenancy Information Booklet

Rental arrears Tenants are sometimes reluctant to approach their Managing Agent to discuss their real estate needs for fear of jeopardising their tenancy. If you are having difficulties paying your rent ALWAYS CONTACT US to discuss the situation. We are here to be of assistance whenever we can. If we have had no contact from you or you have not adhered to arrangements that have been previously made we will refer the matter to a hearing at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for resolution. Nras compliance This tenancy is subject to the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) and has been offered because the gross household income reported to the Landlord meets NRAS income eligibility criteria. This tenancy is subject to the gross household income meeting the NRAS criteria. In order for Urban Choices to assess your eligibility you will be required to provide information about your household income for each NRAS year and complete an NRAS demographic form. Occupancy The only people to reside at the property on a permanent basis are those originally on your application and lease. Our office is to be notified immediately should a new member of a household be introduced to the property. We require a completed Application Form by the new tenant to be submitted for the approval of the Landlord PRIOR to the new tenant moving in. Any assignment of tenancy cannot take place until the required notification has been given to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority. All parties, i.e. the Landlord/ Agent, the Tenant and the Assignee, must sign this notification. BOND MONIES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE UNLESS NOTIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS SET OUT ABOVE. Change of locks You are welcome to change the locks at the property at your own expense, but we MUST be supplied with a spare key for emergencies – or in case you lock yourself out during business hours. (Section 70 of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997). Change of personal details Should you change your personal or employment details at any time during the tenancy, it is very important that our office be advised of these new details so our records can be updated.

Property inspections Urban Choices Property will be inspecting the property every six months. We will send out letters to you providing advice on the date and time we will be inspecting the property. The purpose of the inspection is to ensure that everything is working for you. Noise and nuisance We encourage you to be a good neighbour and respect the rights of your neighbours to enjoy the privacy, peace and comfort of their own home.

Please remember:

• TV’s radios, etc. should be played at a reasonable volume

• Be tolerant of other people’s different lifestyles and cultures

• You are responsible for the behaviour of your visitors.

Please note: If you don’t adhere to these responsibilities we may issue you with a Breach of Duty notice asking you to rectify the problem. If the problem continues we may take further action through the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). If you experience any noise or nuisance behaviour please contact us on 1300 UCHOICES (1300 824 642). Smoke alarms Your home has been fitted with smoke alarms. It is your responsibility to regularly test that they are working and ensure the batteries are replaced at least once per year. Do not deactivate your smoke alarm or interfere in its operation in any way. Please notify Urban Choices Property if your smoke alarm is faulty or not in working order. Pets Pets cannot be kept at your home without Urban Choices Property’s written consent. If you are granted permission and your pet causes damage or becomes a nuisance, your permission may be revoked. Giving notice – 28 days written notice is required If you wish to vacate after expiry of your fixed term tenancy agreement, at least 28 days notice in writing must be given. (Section 235 of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997).



Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs