. . . . . Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre
How Does Options Help Children and Parents in Dealing with Sexual Abuse?
If your child has experienced and/or witness sexual abuse, or where sexual abuse is suspected,
he or she may be eligible for short and long-term counselling in this program.
The Sexual Abuse Counselling Program provides a variety of services including: assessment,
individual counselling and non-offending family member/caregiver support.
Comprehensive services include:
• Clinical assessment to determine needs
• A broad range of treatment formats and modalities
• Expressive (art and play) therapy using professionally designed, state-of-the-art
• Education and emotional support for family members with respect to parenting
concerns, managing behaviours, preventing further abuse and communicating about
• Assistance with applications for Crime Victim Assistance compensation, and in
accessing specialized help with the court process when needed
• Workshops and information sessions to increase community understanding about
• Collaboration and consultation with specialized services and professionals
• Referrals to other services and resources in the community.
● ● ● With treatment, children and youth CAN HEAL and successfully MOVE FORWARD with their lives! ● ● ●
Page 22 of 32
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online