If you suffer fromback or neck pain, poor posture could be to blame. Poor posture can be a serious danger to your health. If you have poor posture, your bones are not properly aligned, which increases strain on your muscles, joints and ligaments. (continued inside) INSIDE: How Poor Posture Contributes To Back Pain Exercise Essentials Patient Success Spotlight
261 Main Street North Smithfield, RI 02896
Winner of our Facebook Challenge: Sean Sullivan. Thanks for “liking” and “sharing” our posts and checking in when at the clinic. Sean will receive a FREE Gas Gift Card!!
Poor posture causes fatigue, muscular strain and pain. In addition, poor posture can affect the position and function of your vital organs, such as your heart, lungs and intestines. Maintaining good posture can have a dramatic improvement on your back or neck pain, health, energy and the way you look and feel. Some of the perks of good posture include: 1.Constantexerciseforyourbackandabdominals. Holdinggoodposture takes effort and makes you use the muscles in your back and abdomen properly. 2. It greatly improves your breathing. Good posture makes room for your lungs to function at their best – rather than being compressed when you hold your body in a slouch. Good lung function has a healthy impact on all aspects of your body’s functions and helps to reduce pain. 3. It protects your organs, bones, joints and muscles. Holding correct posture reduces unnecessary strain and pressure on these body parts. Most neck and back problems develop from poor posture over time.
4. It prevents arthritis. With poor posture, unnatural pressure is placed on your joints, leading to wear and tear.This in turn can lead to arthritis. Good posture gives your joints the chance to function at their best. 5. It helps you use your muscles more efficiently. With your bones and joints in correct alignment, you are likely to feel more energetic since your body will require less energy to move about. 6. It can have a dramatic impact on the way you feel. When you hold yourself in good posture, rather than a slumped one, you send signals to your brain that makes you feel happier and more confident. It also changes the way that people see you – you’ll appear more confident and assertive. Making simple changes in your daily habits can improve your posture and reduceyour pain. Postural restoration at Nestor PhysicalTherapy helps the body recruit the right muscles for the task at hand, improving pain restoring prior to function. Our experts have years of training in reducing back and neck pain associated from poor posture.
Call Today! 401-356-4777
How Poor Posture Contributes To Back Pain
When your spine is not in proper alignment, the muscles, ligaments, and joints are all under excessive strain, causing most episodes of back pain. The lower back supports most of the weight of the body and therefore is the most vulnerable to the effects of poor posture. Discs, which provide support between the spinal bones (vertebrae), are also affected by poor posture. However, with good posture, the spine is in proper alignment and the shock absorbing discs are less subject to injury. Often with poor posture, the spine will become fixed in an abnormal position. This leads to the constriction of blood vessels and nerves over time. Furthermore, this causes problems with the joints, discs, andmuscles. Since you performmany different movements and positions throughout the day (sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lying down, etc.) it is important to learn how to keep correct posture. Maintaining good posture during the day results in less back pain. When you correct bad posture habits, the new and improved movements tend to become more automatic and require very little effort to maintain. At Nestor Physical Therapy, we train you on the best way to attain and hold your posture throughout the day. We help you relieve your back pain quickly while improving your posture for maximum long term results! It is important to takecareofyourspine.Goodpostureeliminatesmanyof the health problems that can develop when the spine has an unhealthy posture.
Discover how our therapists can improve your posture and relieve your back or neck pain, allowing you to live a happy, active and pain-free life.
Try this movement if you have hip pain. Relieve Pain In Minutes:
Patient Success Spotlight
Helps With Posture
PRONE BACK EXTENSION While lying face down, slowly raise your chest upwards and off the ground. Then lower slowly back to the ground. Repeat 10 times.
“I was in a car accident. My neck and lower back were really bothering me, affecting work, driving any daily activities. After a few weeks I could really notice the difference. Now my neck is back to normal, back to all activities and my back is good as new. All the stretches and exercise I learned here will keep it going strong.” - Jennifer Hillman
Rotisserie Pork Loin with Peach Mustard
The rotisserie is an easy way to make food taste great. It can be used for prime rib, beef tenderloin, whole chickens, and pork loins. A pork loin with the bone in is best, but I used a boneless pork loin. Pork can dry up when cooking over a long period of time, so…
1. Soak (marinade) the pork in apple cider the night before.
2. Dry off pork the next morning, season with your favorite rub, and put back in the fridge. (If you are looking for a rub try this combo: allspice, smoked paprika, brown sugar, ancho chili powder, coarse sea or kosher salt, cracker black pepper, clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon)
3. Remove pork from fridge about 30 minutes prior to cooking so it starts to warm up.
4. Light your charcoals, or start you grill and set up the rotisserie. II would pull out food and then get grill ready - the timing works.
5. Apply any extra rub if necessary.
6. Spray the pork with beer, cider, apple juice or your favorite mix to keep from drying out while it cooks. (You could apply the Peach mustard as the pork loin gets close to being done. Doing it too early could cause the mustard to burn) 7. Check the pork loin with an instant-read thermometer. I cook until about 150-155 degrees. The temperature will continue to rise while resting on the cutting board. Rest pork loin about 10 minutes before slicing. If you cut into any meat too early all the juices run out and you are left with dry meat. 8. Serve with the peach mustard. The mustard can be served warm or cold. The leftover peach mustard can be used on anything. Try it on burgers, dipping pretzels, salmon, chicken, or use it as salad dressing.
9. We served the pork loin with potatoes roasted in cast iron pan on grill and carrots with butter and dill.
Call Today! 401-356-4777
www.nestorphysicaltherapy.comPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker