PUZZLE NO. 633
25. Bullfight cheer 26. Podded vegetable 29. Freud's concerns 30. Kind of neckline 31. Momma sheep 34. Steinbeck's "____ Row" 37. Uncommon thing 41. Loafer 42. Group of computer bits
WEEK OF OCTOBER 14 TO 20, 2012
THE LUCKIEST SIGNS THIS WEEK: AQUARIUS, PISCES, AND ARIES.
43. British title 44. Very eager 46. Similar 47. Indy 500, e.g. 48. Puff 49. Urges 52. Senate vote
ARIES You could discover a whole new vocation. Take a good look at your professional and personal priorities and choose a future that’s better suited to you. TAURUS Be careful about saying “yes” to everyone this week, which puts you under a lot of pressure to keep your promises. You’re hav- ing a hard time making an important deci- sion at the moment. It might help to talk to somebody else for an objective opinion. GEMINI A few hours of overtime this week will really help to improve your financial situ- ation. You find yourself thinking about finding a new home. CANCER Don’t be shy about manoeuvring yourself into a position where you will be noticed. Enjoy the pride you feel. At work you will receive some kind of reward. LEO You don’t feel much like getting out of the house this week. You are feeling very attached to your roots, and maybe a little too attached to old clutter. Letting go of it will do you good in the long term. VIRGO You’re not afraid of speaking your mind and you express out loud what others are only thinking. That will be useful this week, as you will be called upon to assert your authority in a rather complicated situation. LIBRA You might have to invest a large sum of money into your work. You may even have to buy a new vehicle to ensure that you don’t get stuck. SCORPIO You might have to organize an event that involves a lot of people. Don’t be shy about trying to impress those around you this week. SAGITTARIUS If you are still looking for the perfect job, you will find some inspiration this week. You will also benefit from a great imagi- nation and a lot of creative energy. CAPRICORN You are starting to feel the harmful effects of your sedentary lifestyle. Invite friends and family to do some kind of physical activity together with you. AQUARIUS As you try to plan out your next steps, whether for a new career or for retire- ment, get plenty of exercise to help your- self see things more clearly. PISCES Undertaking some type of training will propel your career to new heights. You will be truly inspired by some new chal- lenges that require patience.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 4 TO 6
Copyright © 2012 by Penny Press
ACROSS 1. Fiddler ____
DOWN 1. Ship's personnel 2. Shout
33. Remove the frost from 35. Morning drops 36. Facial hair 38. Jogged 39. Recognize 40. Foreigners 42. Proclaimed noisily 45. Close 50. Boo Boo's buddy 51. Corrosive material 53. Curly greens 54. Move like a pony 55. Always, to a bard 56. Religious statue 57. Jumpy 58. Sunbeam 59. Brokaw's specialty
5. Toothed wheel 8. Oceanic motion 12. Gump, to Hanks 13. Bird of prey 14. Lamb's coat 15. Slacken 16. Keanu in "The Matrix" 17. Gossip piece 18. Injustices 20. Church tables 22. Yokel 24. Trim 27. Rascal
3. In addition 4. Has-____ 5. Eat 6. Be in debt 7. Boast 8. Jerk rapidly (former star)
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 633
9. Small amount 10. Busy person 11. Tall shade trees 19. Pancake skillet 21. Permit 23. Tower's top 24. Hunting dog, for short
28. Onion's kin 32. Foamy brew
When fall vegetables are rip- ened and tasteful, it’s time to prepare a ratatouille. This recipe in cooked in the microwave.
INGREDIENTS: • 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil • 1 onion, sliced
• 1 eggplant • 2 zucchini • 1 green pepper • 1 red pepper • 120 g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced • 1 clove garlic, crushed • 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped • fresh basil
PUZZLE NO. 369
DIRECTIONS: Cut the eggplant in half, score the flesh lightly and sprinkle with salt. Leave on paper towels for 1/2 hour to draw out any bitterness. Heat the oil in a casserole for 30 seconds in the microwave, on high. Add the onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes on high. Wash the eggplant and dry it well. Slice it thinly and slice the zuc- chini and peppers and add to the onions. Cook 5 minutes on high, loosely covered. Add the herbs, bay leaf, tomato paste, wine, salt and pepper and cook a further 5 minutes on high. Add the mush- rooms and tomatoes and cook 2 minutes on high. Remove the bay leaf before serving. Recipe and photo : The Complete Microwave Cookbook, Judith Ferguson, Collins Royal. • 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped parsley • 15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste • 1 bay leaf • 30 ml (2 tbsp) white wine • Salt and pepper
ANSWER TO PUZZLE NO. 369
HOW TO PLAY: Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 through 9 only once. Each 3x3 box is outlined with a darker line. You already have a few numbers to get you started. Remember: You must not repeat the numbers 1 through 9 in the same line, column, or 3x3 box .
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker