Head of Facilities Candidate Information Pack
Through learning, inspire all to make a difference
Founded in 1967 to serve the needs of global and local families, ACS International Schools educate over 3,700 students, aged 2 to 18, day and boarding, from more than 100 countries.
A co-ed school catering for students aged from 2-18 years old through a boarding and day offering. Our purpose-built Lower, Middle, and High School create a community for over 1400 students.
Situated on 20 acres of glorious English countryside adjoining the Royal Savill Garden, and only 25 miles from central London, ACS Egham is an IB World School for over 600 students (ages 4 to 18).
The campus boasts a stunning mansion house and modern wing extension. The school is a community of 570 students from 4-18 years old.
An award winning Co-Ed Day school with a community of 900 students from over 65 nationalities from 3 to 18 years old.
A new purpose built campus, including a Large sports hall and pool covers IBMYP, IBDP & US-based Curriculum will accommodate 2,400 students.
Outstanding learning and sporting facilities
Top educational facilities
Providing a great all-round education takes an amazing range of facilities. That is why we have invested £30m over the past three years ensuring ACS remains an outstanding educational environment.
Our campuses feature
• State-of-the-art IT labs, libraries, classrooms (both in and outdoors) • Art Studios • An outstanding new Science Centre to advance student research, innovation, curiosity and achievement • Recording & Music Centre • Dedicated Drama space and stage • Refurbished libraries, expanded learning spaces, classrooms, and resource centre • Boarding • Listed buildings and new build
Top sporting facilities
We offer an outstanding range of quality sports facilities, including: • All-weather playing field • All-weather tennis and basketball courts
• Multi-purpose gym • Off-site facilities for: – Football – Rugby – Swimming pools – Track & Field
Job Title: Head of Facilities Total reports: 150 staff (4 direct)
Reports to: Head of Estates & Facilities
Location: Cross Campus
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To provide strategic leadership, and effective operational management, for all aspects of Facilities Management of ACS International Schools. This role is responsible for driving the operational and capital improvement initiatives, in line with the ACS Strategic Plan, annual budgets, Service Level Agreements, and providing leadership of facilities management across the Organisation, including hard and soft services management. The post holder will lead, and be accountable for the operational delivery of Facilities services across the ACS organisation. The Head of Facilities will be a driven and committed individual, focused on delivering excellent customer focused facilities services, meeting the current needs and developing them to the future needs. They will lead, plan and co-ordinate the development and management of the Campus Facilities in accordance with the objectives and targets in the ACS Strategic Plan. The post holder will work with faculties and departments ensuring compliance, value for money and effective maintenance programmes for the future development of the estate. Assessing current working and business practices will be key to the role to ensure that the campuses achieve continual improvement in this area. The post holder will provide expertise on the requirements for compliance and provide advice, guidance, planning and implementation of both the maintenance, project management and effective management of in house staff and the contractors.
Estates & Facilities
Cobham/Egham/Hillingdon/Doha HEAD OF ESTATES & FACILITIES
Doha SENIOR CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Cobham/Egham/ Hillingdon SENIOR PROJECTS MANAGER
Cobham/Egham/Hillingdon SENIOR FACILITIES BUSINESS PARTNER H AD OF I I I
Doha FACILITIES MANAGER
Cobham/Egham/ Hillingdon SENIOR PROJECTS MANAGER
HEAD OF CATERING
HEAD OF SECURITY
Hillingdon FACILITIES BUSINESS PARTNER
Cobham FACILITIES BUSINESS PARTNER
Egham FACILITIES BUSINESS PARTNER
The role will have wide ranging responsibilities that require an established Head of Facilities with multiple campus management experience ideally in educational/premium service. The postholder will work to effectively maintain and strategically develop the Organisations grounds and buildings in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the School’s Health and Safety Policy.
• To provide project sponsorship, coordination and leadership to campus development programmes in line with organisational objectives. • To build and maintain effective networks and relationships with sector and civic partners in the development of the estate and facilities strategy and operations. • To support the Facilities Business Partners in the planning and delivery of plans and programmes, including line management. • To lead the development and implementation of an energy and utilities framework for the teaching and residential estate. • To be the Campus subject specialist on all Facilities related matters and to offer advice and guidance to the Head of School. • To work alongside the other ACS teams and Facility business partners driving new working methods/practices that improve efficiency, reduce costs and improve quality of service. • Lead the Facilities Management teams onsite to ensure exceptional delivery of cleaning, grounds, portering and maintenance service to the organisation in line with agreed SLA’s. • To drive a culture of continuous improvement and compliance, through the management structure, within the Department. • Accountable for the upkeep and review site services in line with ISI and NEASC Inspection requirements. • Accountable for the operational management of all in house teams, contract staff and consultants on site and co-ordinate day to day activities of the teams.
• To support the Head of Estates & Facilities in the overall leadership and management of the Facilities Service and its activities. • To support the Head of E&F in the management, promotion and representation of Facilities and its activities within ACS and externally. • To assist the Head of E&F in the development and achievement of objectives, based on the ACS strategic plan. • To develop the Facilities Operational Plan, to include identifying priorities, co-ordinating the establishment of key performance indicators and proactively contributing to the LTCDP’s. • Responsible for all aspects of operational management of Facilities teams within ACS, as appropriate, providing direction and ensuring effective integration of core activities. • To develop and maintain positive external relationships with professional associations and other stakeholder groups and bodies as appropriate. • To support the Head of E&F with the co-ordination, allocation, monitoring and management of the allocated budget. • To take a proactive approach to making the Head of E&F aware of developments which will affect the delivery of the strategic plan in the areas of responsibility. • To participate in, convene and/or chair as required working groups to develop policies and procedures and explore issues and options relevant to areas of responsibility. • To prepare effective strategic and operational plans to ensure the development of an estate which meets the needs of the organisation. • To ensure best value is being achieved from the use, operation and development of the estate in meeting organisational business activities and identify proposals for improved asset performance. • To build effective working relationships with Heads of School, Faculty and the wider Estates & Facilities senior management teams in the planning, development and operation of the ACS estate. • To ensure effective plans are in place to improve the performance of the estate in order to meet strategic objectives and targets.
• To review all Facilities Policies, safe systems of work, Risk Assessments and method statements on an annual basis. • Responsible for the development of BMS & CAFM packages, to ensure they are maintained locally and are appropriately used and monitored. • To develop an asset register. • Responsible to ensure all required inspections of the school and grounds are completed. • Develop a five/ten year rolling site plan that links directly to the facilities strategy. • Responsible for driving the waste and sustainability agenda of the school. • Responsible to ensure appropriate permissions are granted for works, including planning, tree protection, highways and heritage teams.
• To ensure each campus has an Authorised / Responsible Person for the site (will have approved AP training in key areas including Asbestos, water quality, fire etc.). • Maintain a current awareness of technical, statutory, regulatory and legislative requirements and similarly standards and best practice within the Facilities environment. • Develop innovative service delivery and planned programmes of works that decrease reliance on reactive maintenance. • Responsible for delivering the annual operational plan that dovetails with the overarching facilities plans including, LTCDP and Estate & Facilities 10-year strategy. • Responsible for the development of relevant management systems including safe systems of work, asset management, condition surveys and backlog maintenance. • To ensure relevant KPIs and SLAs are in place for each service and are monitored and delivered. • To ensure each campus has in place, ongoing maintenance and replacement programme for the campus assets, including all Planned Preventative Maintenance and to manage reactive maintenance in line with SLA’s. • Responsible for the development of an annual backlog maintenance reduction programme. • Responsible to ensure Estates and Facilities Infrastructure Services are continuously reviewed and developed to contribute positively to the overall performance of the campus. • To monitor and review the monthly reporting of Facilities performance data, against set performance standards, with regular reporting to senior stakeholders and the SLT. • Responsible for the management of the Contract for PPM / reactive maintenance ensuring that KPIs & SLAs are met. • To liaise with the Capital project manager and ensure the smooth integration of all major projects
CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
adhered to. • Responsible for ensuring adequate controls are in place to meet ACS H&S obligations, mandatory regulatory, legislative and best practice. • Responsible to ensure all staff are up to date with required / mandatory training, and that policies and Safe System of working are maintained. • To ensure all qualified staff maintain professional qualifications and CPD programmes. • Manage budgets; revenue and capital and resourcing, adhering to the approval and control mechanisms in place at any one time, to ensure projects are delivered to budget and to agreed time scales. • Ensure a track of expenditure and foecasts are kept and reported to the Head of Estates & Facilities and finance team on a monthly basis. • Ensure Focalpoint and QFM systems are appropriately used. • Follow all ACS Financials Standing Instructions. • Procure services and goods and services in a compliant manager ensuring best value for the school. • Accountable for delivering the service within budget, and identifying cost improvement plans or cost pressures. Responsible for production of relevant business plans for any service developments or cost pressures. • To ensure value for money and other audit recommendations are actively entered upon and changes are made as agreed within the Facilities Department. BUDGET MANAGEMENT
• To coordinate campus space utilisation, and ensure all site CAD drawings and room information sheets are accurate. • To coordinate the overarching project schedules including those projects from IT, Security, Catering and the capital team, to provide monthly updates. • Lead a number of capital development and revenue projects, from inception to launch, consulting stakeholders/users regarding requirements and following professional Project Management practices. To ensure that the projects are delivered to quality, cost and time. • To ensure that only competent contractors are employed, undertake pre-qualification for contractors and that risk assessments and method statements are prepared and approved before any work is undertaken on site. • Ensure that procurement policy for projects works is adhered to and financial checks are performed on all contractors. • liaise with the Capital project manager and ensure the smooth integration of all major projects. • To develop positive relationships with the Crown Estate, Local and District Authorities. To assist the Head of Estates and Facilities in the preparation and submission of planning applications utilising site knowledge. • Support the Head of Estates and Facilities with the campus long-term development plans and Strategy documents. • Responsible for Health and Safety and Fire Policies across ACS to ensure full compliance with statutory legislation, for all relevant areas, including but not limited to, Fire, Asbestos and Legionella. • To be responsible for the inspection, collation and action of all statutory documentation, Action Plans and reviews. • Responsible, with the Head of Security to ensure our students, staff and visitors and ACS assets are protected at all times. CDM controls apply and will need to be HEALTH, SAFETY & SECURITY
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Lead Facilities teams, ensuring resources are deployed efficiently to deliver agreed services ensuring delivery of exceptional services to internal customers. • To build strong Stakeholder relationships and deliver services in customer focused manner. • Responsible for the Recruitment, development, coaching and management of the Facilities Teams. • Act as the point of contact in dealing with issues for staff. • Line manage in house teams, contract staff and consultants including appraisals, disciplinary and other HR related tasks. • Be operational when required and delegate for the Facilities Business Partner when away from the business. • Be the primary escalation point, to deal with complaints relating to Facilities and attempt to resolve any issues in a timely professional manner. • To ensure the schools are maintained to the highest standards. • Recruitment and management of the Facilities Business Partners. • Motivating and empowering teams to ensure goals are met to the standards required. • Effective delegation of suitable tasks. • To proactively develop and instill an ethos of customer excellence, continual improvement and efficiency within the facilities department.
• Extensive facilities management experience at a senior level in a customer focused environment, with experience of working in schools a distinct advantage. • Experience of managing a diverse estate - Listed buildings through to modern new builds. • Excellent communication skills, able to represent ACS to external parties as well as interface with internal partners regarding their needs. • Leadership – especially persuasive skills, capable of uniting many different areas, people and priorities without direct line responsibility. • Financial management of significant operational and capital budgets. • Management of extensive grounds, and sports facilities essential. • Project management experience of developments in excess of £1m, with the ability to deliver multiple tasks to tight deadlines. A strong understanding of Prince 2 methodology (or equivalent) is essential. • Contractor management experience including the process of organising building works, arranging tenders and ensuring parity, documenting works and controlling works on site. • Business acumen – able to operate with a commercial approach. • Good knowledge and understanding of hard services and M&E. • NEBOSH qualified. • RICS or MBIFM or other building related qualification. • CAFM system management experience. • Experience of managing outsourced Planned Preventative Maintenance contracts. • Energy & sustainability management focused. • Experience in delivering continuous improvement in people and processes. • Strong people management skills – able to unite many different areas, people and priorities.
ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of ACS you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within ACS International Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
For a confidential conversation please contact our advisors Hayley Mintern and Lawrence Clark of The Management Recruitment Group at firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com or on 020 8892 0115 | 07530 680 184 | 07989 435 960 Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV (of not more than 4 pages) and a relevant projects list (not more than 2 pages, to include project type, value and contract type).
Applications should be sent to; firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 23rd September 2018.
www.mrgpeople.co.ukPage 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog