Garlic Butter Meatballs With Zucchini Pasta
Do What’s Good For The Heart!
For turkey meatballs: Combine ground turkey and ground pork, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, bouillon cube, red chili pepper flakes, chopped cilantro and black pepper in a bowl. Mix well with your hands or fork to form medium balls. Arrange the • 1/2 lb ground turkey meat • 1/2 lb ground pork meat (optional) • 1/2 cup shredded cheese • 1crumbledbouilloncube(optional) • 1 tbsp hot sauce • 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro, divided • 4 cloves garlic, grated + 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning • 1/2 tsp red crushed chili pepper flakes (optional) • 3 tbsp butter • 4 medium zucchini, spiralized • lemon juice • salt (to taste) • black pepper (to taste)
1. Aim for lucky number seven. Young and middle-age adults who sleep 7 hours a night have less calcium in their arteries (an early sign of heart disease) than those who sleep 5 hours or less or those who sleep 9 hours or more. 2. Keep the pressure off. Get your blood pressure checked every 3-5 years if you’re 18-39. If you’re 40 or older, or if you have high blood pressure, check it every year. 3. Move more. To keep it simple, you can aim for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week of moderate exercise. Even if you exercise for 30 minutes a day, being sedentary for the other 23 1/2 hours is really bad for your heart. 4. Slash saturated fats. To help your heart’s arteries, cut down on saturated fats, which are mainly found in meat and full-fat dairy products. Choose leaner cuts and reduced-fat options.
5. Find out if you have diabetes. Millions of people don’t know that they have this condition. That’s risky because over time, high blood sugardamagesarteriesandmakes heart disease more likely. 6. Think beyond the scale. Ask your doctor if your weight is OK. If you have some pounds to lose, you’ll probably want to changeyour eating habits and be more active. 7. Ditch the cigarettes, real and electronic. Smoking and secondhand smoke are bad for your heart. If you smoke, quit, and don’tspend timearoundotherswho smoke as well. 8. Clean up. Your heart works best when it runs on clean fuel. That means lots of whole, plant-based foods (like fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds) and fewer refined or processed foods (like white bread, pasta, crackers, and cookies).
turkey meatballs on a plate and set aside. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the turkey meatballs for 8-10 min on all sides until cooked through. While cooking, baste the meatballs with the mix of butter and juices. Remove to a clean plate and set aside. For zucchini noodles: In the same skillet, melt remaining 1 tbsp of butter; then add lemon juice, hot sauce, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add zucchini noodles and cook for 3-4 min, stirring regularly, until zucchini is done but still crisp and juices have reduced a bit. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and garnish with more cilantro or parsley. Push zucchini on one side of the skillet and add the turkey meatballs back to the pan and reheat for about a minute. Serve the garlic butter turkey meatballs with lemon zucchini noodles immediately with a lemon slice on the side.
• Kinesio Taping • Trigger Point Therapy • Running Analysis • Active Release Technique
• Manual Therapy • Physical Therapy • Acupuncture • Maitland Approach
• Selective Functional Movement Assessment • Therapeutic Exercise • Pilates
Who Do You Know That Needs Our Help? • Walk for long distances • Live an active and healthy lifestyle Do You Have Friends Or Family Unable To Do The Following: • Move without pain • Bend and move freely • Balance confidently & securely • Sit for long periods comfortably
TELLTHEM TO CALL 732-390-8100. THEYWILLTHANK YOU AND SOWILLWE!
Made with FlippingBook Learn more on our blog