Managing Director Candidate Briefing Pack
Listening, Responding, Adapting
Long-Term, Stable Growth
AXO is a student accommodation provider which is committed to providing students from around the World with much more than just a room. We aim to give our students a unique living experience which will enhance their academic journey and ensure that their time at university is packed full of great experiences and amazing friendships whilst they enjoy our wonderful secure living spaces.
Listening, Responding, Adapting
Students can be demanding and their needs constantly evolve.
Independent qualitative and quantitative research helps us understand the evolving needs of students; face to face focus groups and regular surveys with our residents enable us to check and adapt our approach promptly. We want you to be the expert in providing an in-depth understanding of the unique environment and the people for whomwe provide services. This will enable us to support our residents and university partners, understand their aims and their strategy and together deliver tangible improvements to the student experience.
Long-Term, Stable Growth
We are looking for this role to define a strategy for growth targeting up and coming areas and/or untapped markets. Our clearly defined strategy for growth is based on our overarching mission to be a high-end student accommodation provider.
Our strategy is:
• Grow the number of properties that we own and operate through a robust investment strategy
Increase the number of student rooms under management
Deepen the existing relationships we enjoy with our current partners
• Create new relationships with universities and international agents to ensure a strong sales pipeline
Create a Brand that focused around a quality student accommodation offering
Create a forward thinking team focused on Student Experience
Identify new revenue streams and increase the value of existing revenue streams
We are seeking to make the appointment of a Managing Director for our Student Living Brand. Key responsibilities including strategic direction, client relationships, university relationship management, new business areas and investment strategy. This is a key leadership role which will have significant impact across the business - you will proactively contribute to the development and delivery of the AXO Student Living business plan to the highest possible standards in line with the Group’s established Vision and Values. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record of success in a business leadership role with a particular emphasis on client/partner relationship management and service delivery gained at a senior and influential level. You will possess strong strategic planning skills particularly in relation to business planning, financial planning and investment strategy, revenue management, governance and innovation. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as youwill be required to lead and inspire a diverse team as well as develop long-term, high-quality relationships across universities, agents, investors, and internal stakeholders.
Scope of the Role
Accountable to the Board, this is a key leadership role which will have significant impact across the AXO Student Living business.
Provide leadership for all aspects of including strategic direction y relationship management, revenue management, marketing and allocation services, commercial income generation and sales and Marketing. Working closely with members of the Board colleagues to provide a comprehensive, customer focused service strategy and implementation plan to support the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the Group.
Asset Management • Lead the development of a portfolio wide strategy to ensure the accommodation assets remain fit for purpose and attractive for students in the long-term. • Ensure a clear estates asset development strategy is established and an underpinning development control plan for all future sites developed or acquired. Relationships • Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships with university partners to ensure we are able to secure nomination agreements. • Foster close personal relationships with individual key stakeholders. • Promote and demonstrate a collaborative approach to working in partnership, using two way communication and exchange of business intelligence to deliver the shared objectives. Student Experience • Ensure agreed strategies are in place to deliver and enhance the student experience. • Design and implement student experience programmes and initiatives. Accommodation Services • Provide leadership and strategic direction to the activities of establishing appropriate rental levels and through the annual rent review process. • Lead the marketing and allocations of rooms where applicable across the portfolio with
a view to maximising revenues.
• Develop new initiatives in support of marketing and allocation. • Ensure appropriate management information is produced and able to support decision making and management of risks. Commercial Revenue and Financial Management • Identify opportunities for commercial revenue generation. • Ensure appropriate business cases and financial plans are developed to deliver revenue generation opportunities. • Proactively develop and deliver the business plan. • Proactively engage and interact with Shareholders and Board Directors. • Providing appropriate asset data, business intelligence and other reporting as required. Leadership • Lead the AXO student Living division to the highest possible standards in linewith the Group’s established Vision and Values. • Ensure AXO Student Living is structured and resourced appropriately, establishing and maintaining robust succession plans and ensuring staff are supported and developed appropriately to perform at their best. • Ensure compliance across the accommodation.
Job Description About You
• Experience in managing student accommodation property with a proven track record of delivering change.
• Emotionally intelligent – own key stakeholder relationships and play a lead role in providing sound commercial and strategic advice.
• Able to influence others though experience, knowledge and strong corporate values.
Open direct and clear communication style.
• Leadership – manage, develop and coach talented professionals. Create a legacy of talent pipeline and succession in the future.
• Customer facing – capable of networking, building and maintaining lasting and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
• Risk management – balance commercial needs of the business with strong attention to risk management best practice.
• Strong attention to detail – support key business decisions with sound objective criteria.
AXO Student Living are being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group (MRG).
To arrange a confidential briefing conversation please contact our advisor Hayley Mintern (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 0208 892 0115.
Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV (of not more than 4 pages) and a covering letter (of not more than 2 pages).Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online