Conversion Liaison Manager Candidate Pack
The University of Law, a private university, (formerly the College of Law), is one of the UK’s leading and longest established providers of legal education and training with origins dating back to 1876 with the formation of the leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon and later on, with the establishment of The Law Society School of Law. In 1962 the two were amalgamated to establish The College of Law. The University was the first ever independent institution to be granted degree awarding powers, gaining University title (The University of Law) in 2012 before being bought by Global University Systems in 2015. Working right at the heart of the legal profession, the University brings together teaching of the highest quality, a focus on practical skills and innovative learning styles to deliver perfect preparation for life in legal practice and ongoing professional development. The University is in an ongoing, exciting period of growth and expansion with more than 10,000 students, circa 800 staff and 14 campuses across the UK and Hong Kong. Alongside its Legal education and training, it is also expanding its Business school offering both in the UK and in Berlin. All campuses are close to thriving commercial centres, leading law firms and have strong transport links. Each campus is a modern, well-equipped professional law school providing a comfortable and stimulating learning and working environment. The University has ambitious plans for the future and anticipates a significant increase in the number of applications in 2020/21, this is on top of two previous cycles of significant applicant growth. To support this the University have created the new post of Conversion Liaison Manager. Reporting into the Head of Conversion and Recruitment Compliance, the role is responsible for managing the relationship with the university’s external conversion team. Will suit individuals looking to establish effective processes to improve conversion performance.
VISION, CORPORATE PLAN & STRATEGY
Vision and mission To be the global university of choice for the professions, by driving innovation in applied education to deliver outstanding employment outcomes. The University of Law exists to serve its students and their future employers by being global leaders in providing applied knowledge and skills.
Vision and Mission
Drawing on our heritage as one of the UK’s longest established law schools, we strive to build on our success through the ethos of IDEAS:
• Innovation - for our people, campuses, technology and business practices
Innovation and Growth
• Diversity - continuously improving the quality, quantity and flexibility of our courses
• Employability focus - ensuring our students are in demand by firms and businesses
• Ambition – inspiring the best in our students and society
• Success - academically and professionally for all
Student focus • The quality of the student experience is key to our ethos, reputation and our ability to recruit and be commercially successful We were ranked in the Top 10 for 5 core categories in the National Student Survey 2019 and in the same year were awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework for our teaching, learning and outcomes. Our performance in the critical categories of teaching excellence and academic support for students is sector leading.
Widening participation We are committed to widening participation and diversity across all of the University’s programmes. • The University will continue to invest in alternative modes of study including part-time and online to enable the University to meet the needs of the students from the broadest possible range of backgrounds. Innovation and Growth • Our programme portfolio is constantly evolving to remain innovative, topical and relevant • Our reach is being extended through the creation of new campuses and partnerships Student Recruitment • Our reputation, and the global importance of the English legal system, position us well to increase overseas recruitment beyond our traditional UK-focused student base • We continue to grow student recruitment and develop our brand • We aim to provide a seamless approach to recruitment, ensuring clarity of offer and a genuine engagement with applicants throughout their application process • We continue to strengthen our ties with Alumni, celebrating their success and using our shared history to further enhance the student experience
People We strive to:
• Support the development of colleagues to enable the delivery of an even higher quality service • Recognise and reward strong performance
4. Guildford Campus
5. Leeds Campus
6. London Bloomsbury Campus
7. London Moorgate Campus
8. Manchester Campus
9. Nottingham Campus (new for 2019)
10. The University of Law at UEA in Norwich (new for 2019)
11. The University of Law in Exeter
12. The University of Law in Liverpool
13. The University of Law at Reading
All of our campuses are in thriving commercial areas and offer the same fully-resourced facilities, including well equipped IT suites with PCs for DVD and i-Tutorials, comprehensive law libraries with all the latest legal texts, quiet study areas and places to relax.
14. Hong Kong Centre (new for 2019 )
Conversion Liaison Manager Main Function of Job
Main Function of Job
• Working within our external conversion teams to act as the voice of The University of Law.
• Training staff members, identifying and compiling sales resources and developing quality assurance processes.
• Contributing to internal projects and developments aimed at improving the university’s recruitment provision.
Department Sales and Marketing Reporting to Head of Conversion and Recruitment Compliance Location London Moorgate Direct Reports None
The Conversion Liaison Manager will report directly to the Head of Conversion and Recruitment Compliance.
Training and Coaching
• Manage the relationship with our external conversion team to deliver conversion activity from first contact to application, application to acceptance and acceptance to enrolment • Develop training programmes and tools to upskill members of staff. Provide ongoing training materials for the conversion team and adhoc training in relation to new products and processes • Ensure that all relevant staff members are informed of regulatory standards that the university must adhere to and that all conversion activity is compliant with these standards • Establish regular meetings and updates with conversion team stakeholders to ensure communication and objectives are clear and effective • Provide clear, concise updates on developments throughout the recruitment cycle and guide the conversion team on how they should tailor their engagement with students accordingly • Ensure that conversion activity embraces all relevant methods to engage with students • Work with internal stakeholders such as the Law Faculty, Business Faculty, Admissions, the International Visa Office and International Student Recruitment to ensure all relevant product and process knowledge is captured in the training suite
• Develop and evolve guidelines around regulatory standards, communication quality and following set process • Work closely with the Student Recruitment Quality Assurance Officer to identify constructive feedback
• Work with the management staff of the conversion team to establish effective processes to improve conversion performance • Work with individuals within the conversion team to ensure they have the resources and knowledge required to effectively recruit on the behalf of the university • Work with the Head of Conversion and Recruitment Compliance to establish best practice for the conversion team • Act as a primary point of contact for the conversion team when they have questions about products and processes • Utilise the insight gained from working with the external recruitment teams to feed into internal recruitment planning • Work with stakeholders across the university to optimise the University’s ability to recruit students effectively • Provide both quantitative and qualitative feedback on recruitment performance to relevant stakeholders at the university • Work with colleagues in marketing and international student recruitment to ensure that messaging is consistent and accurate across all recruitment channels
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by members of the Executive Board from time to time.
The job holder has a duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons with whom they come into contact at work. The job holder also has a duty to co-operate with the University in complying with any statutory duty or requirement concerning health and safety at work. In particular, they must familiarise themselves with the Health and Safety Policy and its safety and fire procedures.
This job description is to be read in conjunction with the relevant Roles and Responsibilities Career Level document.
This job description is correct at 18/11/2019. It may vary in consultation with the post holder to reflect changes within the market place, within Sales and Marketing and within the University.
Training & Education
Essential • Educated to graduate level or equivalent or have a significant level of experience in a similar role
Training & Education
Desirable • Business qualifications • Master’s degree Experience
Skills & Knowledge
Essential • Experience of a target based sales environment • Experience of working in a fast moving target focused environment • Experience of training staff and developing talent • Significant experience of working in an admissions, marketing or student recruitment role within higher education • Demonstrable evidence of setting and monitoring KPIs and performance management Desirable • Experience of managing staff remotely • Experience working within the German higher education sector would be advantageous • Experience in tightly managing multiple stakeholders based remotely • Experience of working with external stakeholders at director level Skills & Knowledge Essential • Ability to manage, motivate and develop diverse teams • Detailed knowledge & understanding of conversion activity in higher education • Excellent communication skills • Excellent reporting skills and the ability to analyse data in reports and systems
• Well-developed skills of persuasion and negotiation • An excellent standard of written and spoken English • Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to secure business objectives Desirable • Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Salesforce • Knowledge of the German higher education sector • Ability to design and implement systems and processes for business improvement based on detailed analysis Behavioural Skills Essential • Excellent listening and observational skills. • Able to assess situations quickly • Comfortable working in a fast paced environment • Able to build relationships quickly and establish a presence and leadership in alien environments • Meticulous attention to detail • Able to remain composed in a high pressure environment • Able to objectively analyse and weigh opposing viewpoints and clearly articulate any decision making Special Circumstances
Essential • Flexibility to travel as needed to different ULaw campuses • Occasional international travel may be required
The University is being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group (MRG) .
To arrange a brief conversation please contact our advisor Sian Gardiner of MRG on 020 3962 9900 / 07932 717 458 or at email@example.com.
Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV and covering letter.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 2nd Febrary 2020.Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14
Made with FlippingBook flipbook maker