RECIPE - Beef Wellington with port sauce - RECIPE
• Prepared beef tenderloin • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour • 1 (17 ounce) package puff pastry • 1 egg yolk, beaten Port sauce • 1 tablespoon olive oil • 1 French shallot, finely chopped • 3/4 cup port • 1 cup beef stock • 1 tablespoon butter
7. Wrap the pastry around the beef, making sure it’s completely covered. It should be spread uniformly and shouldn’t overlap, so be sure to cut any extra bits off. Brush the pastry with the egg yolk and trace a design using a knife, making sure not to pierce a hole through the dough. 8. Place the assembledBeefWellington on a baking sheet and bake for about 30minutes or until the beef reaches an internal temperature of 132 °F. Port sauce Start making the sauce halfway through the meat’s cooking time. 1. In a pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the French shallot. Add the port and simmer for a few minutes. 2. Add the beef stock and simmer until the sauce has reduced about halfway. Add salt and pepper to taste. Strain the sauce using a sieve and rinse the pot. 3. Return the sauce to the rinsed pot and melt the butter in it. Allow the Beef Wellington to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with roasted potatoes and the port sauce. Enjoy!
1. In the pan you used to sear the beef, melt the butter. 2. Sweat the French shallots in the melted butter. Add the mushrooms and sauté them over high heat for about 5 minutes. 3. Add the garlic and thyme and continue to cook for about 2 minutes. 4. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and continue to cook the mixture until the moisture has completely evaporated from it. Add salt and pepper to taste. Assembly 1. Cover your work surface with a sheet of plastic wrap. Place the slices of prosciutto on the plastic wrap, overlapping them slightly to make a large square. 2. Using a spatula, spread the mushroom duxelles over the prosciutto, covering it completely. 3. Cover the mushrooms with the slices of foie gras. 4. Take the beef out of the refrigerator and place it in the middle of the square. Using the plastic wrap to help keep the components together, wrap the other ingredients around the beef, making sure it’s covered completely. Wrap the plastic tightly around the beef and accompanying ingredients and refrigerate the whole thing for one hour. 5. Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Dust thework surface lightly with flour and spread out the puff pastry. 6. Remove the beef from the refrigerator, take off the plastic wrap and place the meat on the pastry.
Start to finish: 2.5 hours (50 minutes active) Servings: 6 Ingredients - Beef • 3 pounds beef tenderloin (filet mignon) • 2 tablespoons butter • 1 tablespoon olive oil • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard • Salt and pepper to taste Mushroom duxelles • 4 tablespoons butter • 3 French shallots, finely chopped • 25 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper Directions - Beef
1. Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper. 2. In a pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Once the pan is very hot, sear the beef for about 2 minutes on each side. Place the meat on a plate and dry using a paper towel. 3. Brush beef with the Dijon mustard and refrigerate. Mushroom duxelles
• 2/3 cup dry, white wine • Salt and pepper to taste Assembly • 8 slices prosciutto • Prepared mushroom duxelles • 4.5 ounces foie gras, thinly sliced
1760 CONCESSION 1, PLANTAGENET ON K0B 1L0 email@example.com Fax: 613-673-2629 Parisien EXCAVATION 613-673-5463 229073
Avocats et Notaires Barristers & Solicitors CHARRON PILON SAUVÉ s.r.l./LLP 613-227-0950 - Patrick 613-223-9746 - Albert Joyeux Noël!
Le Centre de santé communautaire de I’Estrie souhaite vous transmettre ses vœux les plus chaleureux de santé et de bonheur.
En ce joyeux temps des Fêtes, que vos vœux les plus chers se réalisent! May your best wishes come true this holiday season!
Le CSCE sera fermé aux dates suivantes: 24 décembre 2019 (à partir de 12 h 30) 25 et 26 décembre 2019 31 décembre 2019 (à partir de 12 h 30) 1er et 2 janvier 2020
The Centre de santé communautaire de I’Estrie extends its warmest wishes for a healthy and happy New Year.
The CSCE will be closed on the following dates: December 24, 2019 (as of 12:30 p.m.) December 25 and 26, 2019 December 31, 2019 (as of 12:30 p.m.) January 1 and 2, 2020
Joyeuses fêtes! Happy Holidays!
Alexandria 5, Main Sud 613-525-5544
Bourget 2081, Laval 613-487-1802
Cornwall 841, Sydney 613-937-2683
Crysler 1, Nation 613-987-2683
Embrun 649, Notre-Dame 613-443-3888
Limoges 601, ch. Limoges 613-557-2210
1-2784, rue Laurier St., C.P./P.O. Box 1030, Rockland ON K4K 1L5 613-446-6411 • F 613-446-4513 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Made with FlippingBook Online newsletter