The Newsletter Pro - January 2020

208.297.5700 JAN

www.thenewsletterpro.com 2020

INSIDE THIS ISSUE:

PAGE 3

Calling All Lost Customers What Our Clients Are Saying

PAGE 4

What’s So Important About Original Ideas? Fostering Christmas Nothing Slips Through the Cracks With Slack Meet Lauren Hennrich! Skylar Finds Room for Disruption in the Perfume Industry

PAGE 6

PAGE 7 PAGE 8

(AND OTHER) MARKETING CAMPAIGNS! HOW TO GET MAXIMUM ROI FROM YOUR NEWSLETTER

HOW TO MAKE MORE SALES AND GET MORE CUSTOMERS

What many marketing associates don’t understand is that every prospect who becomes a customer goes through a specific “customer journey.” Many people, including some of my own friends who work in marketing, only focus on the leads and sales, but it’s so much more complex than that. Traffic —> Lead —> Nurture —> Offer —> Sale —> Deliver —> Nurture —> Refer —> Retain —> Upsells The conversion/direct ROI part of this process is rooted in three sections: traffic to lead conversion, offer to sale, and upsells. This makes up 30% of the process, but without the other 70%, you will never have success. This lack of focus on the whole journey is why most businesses don’t scale. They get in this mindset that the only things that matter are the lead and the sale, and they forget about the customer after the sale, which hurts retention and overall ROI.

Sometimes I end up on a call or in person with someone on another company’s marketing team, and I always know exactly what they’re going to ask. I can see it coming at this point, and if you ever witness me talking with these people, you may see me smile knowingly. They typically spring “the question” on me after three or four warmup questions. Let me be clear: This is a fair question. But the problem is that this is the wrong question to be asking, which means these marketing employees don’t even understand the nuances of the media in question, let alone how marketing works today. Most of our customers at The Newsletter Pro aren’t coming to us for lead generation. Frankly, that’s not the best use for a newsletter. When a marketing employee leads with ROI questions — questions geared toward lead generation — it’s clear they aren’t well-versed in marketing. “How do I track new revenue or ROI?”

We all know that if you generate 100 leads, you’ll likely close only a small percentage of them. So, once you have leads, you need to nurture them. Most businesses don’t do a good job with this; they only close the ones who are actively shopping for a solution right at that minute. Newsletters are great for nurturing leads, but you can’t easily track direct ROI on them. You can, however, track an ROI based on an increase in your closed deals percentage. For example, if you’re closing 4 of every 100 leads and simply add a newsletter to nurture and make offers, you can easily track an increase in the percentage of prospects who become clients. The funny thing is that many businesses don’t even think to add prospects to their lists. The volume of money they’re leaving on the table is staggering. Continued on Page 2 ...

1

www.thenewsletterpro.com

BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS TO HELP SMALL BUSINESSES SUCCEED.

208.297.5700

www.thenewsletterpro.com

Made with FlippingBook Annual report