Registrar Candidate Information Pack
Welcome to St James Schools
Page 03 Page 04 Page 06 Page 10 Page 12
The Recruitment Process and How to Apply
Welcome from Headmistress
St James children are vibrant and generous individuals, each with their own talents, inventiveness and interests. They are given every opportunity to achieve highly, and are supported in all areas at school. We encourage them to explore their passions and take their own initiative to develop a curiosity and love for learning. St James provides a warm and fun environment which fosters confidence, independence and motivation. Our underlying virtues of truthfulness, generosity, kindness and being your best provide a solid and calm base from which the children can draw resilience and self-reliance. They value the opportunity for risk taking and experimentation, with no fear of failure. School life is happy and exciting. St James provides a full education, promoting a balance of academic excellence, sporting achievement and creativity. We all enjoy the stimulating atmosphere, and value every member of the St James community, staff, children and parents.
Mrs Catherine Thomlinson
St James develops positive attitudes to learning, and encourages children to demonstrate inspiration and individuality in their work. The pupils are challenged and supported by their teachers through basic practice to higher skills in every department. Every individual’s talent is appreciated and encouraged. The warm relations and fun humour of school life allow pupils to comfortably take charge of their lives, scholarship and creativity. They are confident to explore their love of subjects, and take their own initiative in learning. Our ethos is to provide education which seeks to promote and support the spirit of unity so that everyone may be happy and enjoy wellbeing. Our Aims • To provide a vibrant climate for learning which inspires, challenges and supports the children to achieve their best. • To develop spiritual understanding, a strong moral compass, awareness and consideration for others. • To value stillness and foster the virtues of truthfulness, generosity, kindness and being your best, which provide a solid and calm base from which to draw resilience and self-reliance. • To support and develop individual talents and interests; for the children to be themselves.
Registrar: Job Description The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This in addition to the roles and responsibilities described in the generic job description.
Line Manager: The Headmistress Hours: Full-time 7:30 to 16:30
Aims of post:
• To support and foster the aims and principles of the school • To sustain and improve the quality of education offered to the pupils in the school through promoting the highest possible standards of administration and organisation • To manage the Admissions process so that it reflects the strengths and ethos of the School
• To conduct oneself in an appropriate professional manner at all times • To manage the Admissions process • To manage EYFS admission and claim nursery grants • To manage daily registers; recording ill/late/absent children and follow up • To maintain uniform liaison between supplier and parents • To create and maintain pupil files
Child Protection, Discipline, Health And Safety
• To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact • To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguard their health and safety both when they are on the School Premises
About the Role Admissions • To keep the admissions area of database and whole Junior School database up to date • To organise show rounds with Head and follow up • Communicate regularly with registered parents with updates, newsletters, events etc
• To answer all Admissions queries made by phone and in person, making them feel important, comfortable and welcome, sending prospectus and other promotional booklets when appropriate to interested parties • To update, collate and distribute documents and Open Event details to send to prospective parents • To liaise with the Marketing and Events Manager in relation to advertising, leaflets, prospectus and special promotional merchandise for Open Events • To process registrations received from prospective parents of prospective candidates • To liaise with the Bursars Office regarding monies received in relation to Admissions and any bursarial enquiries • To liaise with feeder nursery school heads, PA’s, secretaries and Registrars • To obtain reports and records from candidates’ schools as required • To liaise with the Headmistress, SMT and Marketing and Events Manager, regarding the organisation of Open Events, and Assessment Days • To inform families of prospective pupils of our forthcoming Open Events • Liaise with the person responsible for the timetable to arrange a room for ‘one-off’ assessments • In conjunction with the Heads PA, arrange assessments and appointments for all applicants and their parents • To notify candidates of results of the admissions process • To liaise with the Headmistress and Bursar in relation to projected numbers for the forthcoming year for budgeting purposes, taking into account possible leavers and new pupils • To maintain and update information with regard to feeder nursery school visits and their current Headteachers • To allocate all new pupils into the school with a ‘roll number’ for the Admissions Register • To maintain and update the Admissions Register • To maintain and update prospective pupils and their parents records on the SchoolBase Database system • To format documents and letters relating to Admissions • Provide families of confirmed new pupils with up to date information about the school life, clubs and activities etc. • To maintain, review and update computer files, email boxes and documents as necessary
About the Role Fire Marshal • To ensure on evacuation of the building that all Junior staff and pupils are all accounted for and details reported to the Chief Fire Marshal • To keep up to date details in Grab Bag and SchoolBase on laptop • To assist in Disaster Management Uniform • To liaise with uniform supplier (Stevensons) regarding all aspects of school uniform, including estimate requirements for the coming year, changing the uniform and also parent complaints • To supervise the selling of second-hand uniform by the parent reps • To deal with any grievances related to uniform • To organise samples and information about possible new items of uniform • To proof read the uniform booklet • To maintain and update the uniform list and despatch to the current and prospective parents together with the store’s uniform booklet Other • To carry out all school mailings and sort out daily post • To support and cover the Junior School Head’s PA when necessary • To meet and greet children four mornings a week • To manage twice daily pupil registers • To keep a weekly record of late comers and writing to parents where necessary • To contact parents regarding absences • To keep a summary of absences regarding safeguarding and reporting to Headmistress and Safeguarding Lead • To photocopy and print termly reports and post to parents. Filing each individual report • Cultivate good relationships with School Fees Secretary and Senior Girls’ School and Senior Boys’ School Registrars Working Hours: DURING NORMAL SCHOOL DAYS • 7.30am until 4.30pm DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS • 9:00am until 4:00pm • In conjunction with other Secretarial staff to maintain a presence in the Junior School Office Holidays • 30 days plus bank holidays (to be taken during school holidays)
Applicants are required to demonstrate that they possess the following attributes: Education And Qualifications • A relevant formal qualification that reflects the key duties of the post or previous relevant working experience in a school Knowledge • Proven working experience of managing the admissions process in a school Competencies, Skills and Abilities Essential • Proven experience working as a Registrar • Tact and diplomacy to deal with people in a professional manner in all circumstances • Ability to use discretion at all times • Ability to prioritise and use own initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Excellent administrative and organisational skills • Experience of managing a database • Excellent attention to detail • Good ICT skills Desirable • A further education qualification
The Recruitment Process
Application Process Applications should consist of a CV and covering statement outlining key matching experience and rationale for applying for the post.
Applications should be sent to; Hayley Mintern and Sian Gardiner of The Management Recruitment Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Sunday 7th January 2017.
Applications will be reviewed and The Management Recruitment Group will undertake preliminary meetings with selected candidates during the week commencing 8th January 2018.
The Management Recruitment Group
Regal House 70 London Road Twickenham TW1 3QS Tel: 020 8892 0115 www.mrgpeople.co.uk
12Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12
Made with FlippingBook - Online Brochure Maker