Catering and Events Manager
Candidate Information Pack
ABOUT THE JOB
Twickenham Experience Ltd (TEL) is a joint venture between the RFU and food and support services supplier the Compass Group. Formed in May 2000, TEL was established to provide match day hospitality and conference & banqueting facilities at the home of English rugby. The Stadium currently houses 34 suites that have been specifically designed with the flexibility to accommodate any style of event from large conferences to more intimate dinners or large award ceremonies. In addition there are over 150 pitch facing, executive boxes, which accommodate from 2 to 40 people and lend themselves perfectly to small meetings, training sessions or break-out areas.
The South Stand was completed in 2008 and incorporates flexible conference facilities, a showroom for the performing arts, the World Rugby museum and the RFU retail store. It also acts as the organisation’s administrative hub. Incorporating an 156 bedroomMarriott Hotel and a Virgin Active Classic health club, the stand offers over 5,000 square metres of function space. The suites in this section of the stadium include: The Live Room - TwickenhamStadium’s auditorium is an impressive facility for a dinner, product launch, live music performance or conference.
Rugby House - The Rugby House provides an intimate hospitality atmosphere with guests being entertained by well-known past and present players.
Rose Suite - The largest of Twickenham Stadium’s spaces, the Rose Suite can accommodate a reception of 1,200 people and is a versatile facility suitable for anything from a large company dinner to a product launch or exhibition. Churchill Suite - The Churchill Suite is one of the largest event spaces in Twickenham Stadium, perfect for prestigious events or conferences. Situated on Level 2 of the South Stand conference facility this grand space is easily accessible from our on-site Marriott Hotel.
Elgar Suites - The Elgar Suites can be found on level 2 of the South Stand and are made up of two interconnecting suites that are divided by a retractable wall. This flexible event space benefits from natural daylight and is often used as a syndicate space for large events. Grand Slam - Grand Slam is a large open space on level 3 of the South Stand used most regularly for product launches, mini expos and meetings. Nightingale Suite - The Nightingale Suite is one of the larger spaces on level 2 of the South Stand and has been used for a multitude of different events, from a fully themed room for a product launch to a pri- vate dinner or break out space for catering. Shakespeare Suite - The Shakespeare Suite comprises of three individual rooms and can be used as one space or three. Situated on level 2 of the South Stand, Shakespeare has direct access to the Marriott Hotel and is perfect for small-medium sized events. The Brunels - The Brunels provide the perfect space to host small meetings, training sessions, syndicate groups or intimate dinners. There are four Brunel rooms side by side, all identical in size and each with a door that allows direct access into the neighbouring Brunel.
Launched in November 2018, the East Stand’s 6,700 square metres of space caters for 4,500 hospitality ticket holders. Spread across six floors, the new stand offers a diverse range of entertainment spaces in- cluding: The Lock – Made up of two restaurants Lock 4 & Lock 5, both offering a pitch view with classis English inspired menus, combined with tastes from the opposing nation, where 2-Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge presides. The Gate – Offering modern, simple but exquisite chop-house food, complemented by fine wines and real ale. Based on Levels 1 and 2, the Gate restaurants provide catering for 1,000+ covers. The British Airways Rose Garden - This offers an outside/inside space, complete with pizza ovens and rotisserie, as well as a stage that can accommodate a live band and a large bar in the centre of a contemporary, relaxed space.
The Clubhouse - The Clubhouse Restaurant makes up one half of The Clubhouse and consists of a formal restaurant suitable for dinners for up to 500. Touches of warm wood, leather and metallic finishes complete this light and airy facility which features predominantly open ceilings. The East Wing – With views over both the London skyline and Twickenham’s hallowed turf, this space offers a concierge service and the choice of an informal or formal private dining; all in the com- pany of rugby legends. The Union Ale House - The Union Ale House is situated on level 1 of the East Stand. The space has the ultimate pub vibe and is an ideal location for informal celebrations, post conference drink recep- tions and Christmas parties.
Ahead of the Rugby World Cup tournament in 2015, the West Stand received a sizeable refurbishment of its conference and hospitality facilities. Four of the VIP suites welcomed a design overhaul. Council Room - Overlooking the famous Lion’s Gates, the Council Room is a fabulous piece of rugby history. The room is highly distinctive, traditionally decorated and features floor to ceiling windows. This popular room can be used for anything from small meetings to pre-dinner drinks receptions. The Members’ Lounge - The Members Lounge on Level 3 of the West Stand offers guests spectacular views of the pitch with its floor to ceiling windows. This historic facility is guaranteed to impress and provides the perfect space for any social occasion or small meeting. Self-contained, the suite has its own bar and cloakroom providing an impressive setting for any event and capturing the unique atmosphere of Twickenham Stadium.
The President’s Suite - The President’s Suite is Twickenham Stadium’s most prestigious facility, playing host to royalty and VIPs on match days. Overlooking the pitch, this impressive facility provides the ultimate experience in Twickenham Stadium’s historic past. The suite is a stunning spot for formal dinners but also lends itself perfectly as a meeting space, guaranteed to impress any client. Spirit of Rugby - Not many stadium spaces inspire quite like the Spirit of Rugby. Located in the prestigious West Stand accessed via the iconic “Rose and Poppy Gates”, the Spirit of Rugby is a space for all occasions and has provided the backdrop for many incredible events. TwickenhamCellar - Nestled deep within the West Stand is Twickenham Stadium’s best kept secret, the Twickenham Cellar. The room that was marked ‘project X’ on the construction plans is now Twickenham’s most exclusive dining facility, seating up to 14 people for an unforgettable dining experience.
Beaumont - The Beaumont recently underwent an exciting refurbishment and design refresh. It has its own dedicated entrance which is tastefully styled and benefits from both natural daylight and recessed lighting. The suite has fantastic options for branding and can be used as a blank canvas style venue, ideal for product launches and more creative events. Captains Club - The newly designed Captains Club benefits from its own dedicated entrance and private bar facility. The Captains Club lends itself as more of a blank canvas space and has been created with endless opportunities to add branding and to theme the space; ideal for product launches and events with a creative flair.
ABOUT THE JOB
Catering & Events Manager
Department Responsible to
Conference and Events Operations Manager Deputy Conference and Operations Manager
Reports to Location
Twickenham Key stakeholders Twickenham Experience Ltd (TEL)
TEL Coordination and Sales Departments TEL HSE Department
TEL Culinary Team RFU Representatives
Scope of the Job
The primary objective of the role is to shape and implement the effective and efficient delivery of catering & events services across Twickenham Experience Ltd with specific operational responsibility for Conference, Events & Banqueting, and Match Day hospitality.
Leading a team of highly skilled staff, the post holder will champion a customer focused, best practice catering service ensuring an outstanding experience for all guests.
With responsibility for all Catering & Events operations, including food service, bars, back of house and storage areas, you will be expected to drive the offering forward and to deliver and implement a process of continuous audit and improvement. Given the nature of the business a certain amount of flexibility will be required but your basic hours of work will be 40 hours per week, based over 5 days.
• To ensure the best possible catering service for all guests; acting upon their individual needs.
• To develop the profile of TEL and achieve an outstanding reputation across the hospitality sector.
• To ensure suitable staffing levels with the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to provide • industry leading customer service and optimum business performance.
• To demonstrate excellent financial management of all operating costs in-line with agreed set targets and address any shortfalls or variances. • To ensure that every appropriate opportunity is taken both individually and across the extended team to ‘upsell’ to customers, subject to the profile of the event/show. • To prepare accurate cash and credit stock sheets, in accordance with TEL guidelines and ensure all stock takes are completed to company standards and to agreed deadlines.
• To place orders directly with relevant suppliers (internal and external) in-line with company policies, and ensure all accompanying paperwork is completed. • To demonstrate and share best working practices in all duties, and comply with TEL standards, policies and procedures.
• To develop and implement a process of continuous audit and improvement to review operational processes, quality, productivity, and the innovation of the services provided.
• To be aware of and adhere to all legal and company regulations relating to Health & Safety at Work, Food Hygiene, Fire Regulations, Licensing Law, Sales of Goods / Trading Standards and Environmental policy. • To ensure the successful delivery of individual Conference & Events that will achieve an assessment score of 8 or above in the BDRC measurement criteria.
• To interact effectively across client and operational functions and ensure all members of the team conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
• To support the Operations Managers in communicating, motivating, and engaging the team.
• To drive exceptional recruitment, induction, training and development, whilst also leading on appraisal, promotion, discipline, and absence management for casual and variable team members. • To supervise teammeetings and briefings and ensure regular, clear and concise communication at all levels across the venue. • To manage and deliver staff planners, along with your Line Manager, to effectively set up and clear down areas of responsibility in line with business needs and in line with set targets.
• To ensure all staff comply with the relevant safe working practices, regulations and legislation.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience are required for the role as below.
• At least 2 years Conference and Events Management experience • GNVQ in Hotel, Event and Catering Management or equivalent • Management experience within a Conference and Banqueting, Hospitality or Event environment • Clear communication skills, strong organisation skills, computer literate • Confident and enthusiastic • A quality driven ‘hands on’ management style • Strong operational qualities • Self-starter with demonstrable drive and ambition • An ability to work to strict deadlines • A ‘can-do’ attitude • Creative in thinking and approach
• Completion of One Compass Welcome Induction Programme and on-site TEL induction • Basic Food Hygiene and Safety training gained within first 6 months and refreshed annually • Completion of training in company cash handling procedures • COSHH training • Personal License holder
Twickenham Entertainment Ltd are being supported on this recruitment campaign by the search consultancy The Management Recruitment Group (MRG). To arrange a confidential briefing conversation please contact our advisors Hayley Mintern (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Adam Spencer (email@example.com) on 0208 892 0115. Applications should consist of a comprehensive CV (of not more than 4 pages) and a covering letter (of not more than 2 pages).Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24
Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online